Author Topic: I'm new today  (Read 2391 times)

hazleeyes

I'm new today
« on: September 09, 2013, 06:27:30 PM »
Hello, I'm new to all of this. I have been struggling for some time now and finally plucked up the nerve to go and see my doctor this week. I thought I'd join this sight to see if there's people out there who I can talk openly to.

My husband does not understand what's going on or how I feel, he doesn't want to talk about it and gets frustrated when all I seam to do lately is cry, His solution!.... 'just go see the doctor and get some happy pills' that will sort you out!!.... as you can tell he's not the most sympathetic of men. We have just recently moved house so I have no friends or family close by anymore and feel completely alone.

I've never suffered from depression before, to the outside world I'm a strong self employed business woman, coping with work, staff, and 2 children (9 &13) as well as running the family home, but underneath I'm crumbling fast and finding it more and more difficult to get out of bed and put the 'happy face' on..... most mornings I sit in my car and fight the urge to just turn the key and drive away.... never to be seen again!!!.... that cant be normal, can it??, what type of mother and wife does that make me!!!

So, I'm hoping that now I've started the ball rolling and have admitted to myself that I cant cope things will soon look better!

It would be good to talk to people who are going through the same, I just don't want to feel alone anymore!

:'(

craig84

• Karma Group
Re: I'm new today
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 08:46:14 PM »
Hi and Welcome to the forums Lexie.

Im sorry your struggling now and glad your reaching out to this site for support. its a great place to meet like minded people and get things out and be listened to.

sorry not to offer much in the lines of lifesaving advice I just wanted to welcome you to the forums.

Your not alone here!!
”It’s always down to you and the choices you make. Work on the things you can change and never dwell on the things you can’t. You choose… ‘results’ or ‘excuses’ it’s always down to YOU… no one has ever given their BEST and regretted it. GO HARD NO EXCUSES.”

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 02:19:09 PM »
 :welcome: lexie,

I have done that over the years of putting on the 'happy' face.  People who don't suffer with depression don't know to deal with people who.  Depression is one of those illnesses that make people feel awkward and don't know how to talk someone who does.  I remember when I finally got the courage to tell my parents and my mum replied that she hoped I got over it soon  :bash:

hazleeyes

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 03:31:22 PM »
Thank you both for your kind words, I am so glad there are people out there in this big wide world that will take the time to look and reply to a complete strangers posts and cries for help. It comforts me to know that I am not suffering this alone any more.

:cheerleader:

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 02:43:01 PM »
Hi Lexie, welcome to the forums .
its not good when ones partner is unsupportive,
you are amongst others here who are battling depression for many reasons,
so will always find an ear  to listen toy you, and people who are happy to offer advice.
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water

The Pastor

• Administrator
  • Where there is no way God always finds away
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 07:52:39 PM »
hi and welcome to the forums  :D