Author Topic: Seriously considering...  (Read 5903 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Seriously considering...
« on: October 19, 2017, 10:53:54 AM »
Hello everyone

I write books for children and I've touched on depression in a couple of novels but after NaNo this year I want to write a book that's focussed on depression more than anything else.

If you've got a child aged 9-12 years old with jeuvenile juvenile childhood depression.  Please PM me with your email address if your child is happy to help me but tell them not to use their real name and to use your email address so that their identity is protected.

I won't be asking them anything rood, I just want to be able to talk to a RL child going through it right now is all.

I had juvenile depression back in the dark ages but I know that things have changed since then so want to see what modern-day children are going through and what support is available.

If they would prefer to talk to me without you seeing I'll only agree to that on two conditions:  first, you're happy with that arrangement and secondly they set up a free email address with an online email place like Hotmail or Googlemail or something like that using the fake name of their choice with absolutely no identifying details anywhere. 

I won't ask for their real name or phone number or email address or anything like that, I just want them to feel safe enough to confide in me and I want you to know that I'm not going to intentionally hurt them or pass their details on or anything like that.

Maybe you could put parental software on the email address or something too?  Use the opportunity to open a discussion about their online safety and stuff.

Thank you!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.