Author Topic: New Board  (Read 3883 times)

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
New Board
« on: January 02, 2013, 11:03:59 PM »
Zaf suggested we have this new board which is a great idea as it is a real problem.

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
Re: New Board
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 04:59:19 AM »
Good idea Zaf & Pip...

I can go out to the shop if i have to, but i get very agro hate being around crowds of people, and start swearing when i cant find things, and when the shop is crowded i will just leave the trolly there, even if its got stuff in it, frozen or not.

the driving part is ok, as i find it a little relaxing, though i have ti time it so im not driving when my meds kick in
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 08:56:54 AM »
Thanks Pip

At my worst I cannot bear the curtains open but I have found over the years that as the problem eases I have a sort of selective agorophobia, sometimes specific places or situations (like stewart crowded shops) or sometimes the length of time I'm outside even if I'm feeling OK in the place or situation, recently Ive noticed that to be my main problem which I'd really like to overcome before the spring arrives

Z xx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 01:34:33 PM »
Crowded shops are my worst waking nightmare although I'm better than I used to be.  I have been known to leave a trolley full of food in the middle of a supermarket because I couldn't handle a lot of people round me.  I also suffered with anxiety if I was out more than a couple of hours.  CBT helped last year so I have my coping mechanisms in crowded places now.

Catbrian

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 09:58:07 PM »

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 10:22:29 AM »
just thinking back to when i was pl the flight back here from Aussie, the doc asked how i managed being in a relativly small place with so many people...... thet was cos once we weas in flight thee was plenty of drinks the stewardesses kept bringing round when i wanted one.

so a feww large scotches and a diazapam or two and i slept for a while.
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water

Pink Princess

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2013, 08:55:25 PM »
I want to be shut in nearly all the time. I feel safer.

popsicle

• Karma Group
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 09:13:39 PM »
Hi Pink Princess, a relative of mine was agoraphobic for many years.  The only time she would go out was to walk her dogs or ride one of her horses.  They had stables at the end of their garden.  She wouldn't even go on holiday so her husband would tae the children away for breaks.  Eventually my relative learned to drive which helped but now she is elderly she has got bad with agoraphobia and wont go anywhere.  It's been tough on all the family and she never got professional help either.