Author Topic: Went to the personality provision today  (Read 7883 times)

captainkeefy

• Karma Group
  • What's that?
Went to the personality provision today
« on: April 11, 2013, 04:33:19 PM »
Hi all,

I went to the personality provision today, we had a long talk lasting approximately 2 hours after which the councillor said that although I have traits. He said I had the coping mechanisms to deal with them and I've been discharged.
Affectus, qui passio est, desinit esse passio simulatque eius claram et distinctam formamus ideam.

Emotion, which is suffering, ceases to be suffering as soon as we form a clear and precise picture of it.

Catbrian

Re: Went to the personality provision today
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 06:46:23 PM »
Well, that's a bit of a surprise.  How do you feel about it?

captainkeefy

• Karma Group
  • What's that?
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 07:13:11 PM »
I feel really good about it. To be honest I've made quite a bit of progress with my behaviour on my own. My fear of abandonment, when its triggered I know what it is and can deal with the situation as normal but I am aware it's been triggered but I know this emotion is from the past and not now so I don't react. I've learned a lot from being self aware, I understand my personality modes and put myself back into logical adult really quick. The councillor said something about the report my T wrote could be about someone else. This year I've changed so much.

On the way out I was on the landing and there was a guy there. He'd just come out of the PD department, looked quite scruffy and had cuts on his arm that looked like self harm. I called a lift then turned around and said "Are you okay bud?" He looked a little surprised I'd acknowledged him. I then said "Are you going down?" He said "I'll take the stairs." So I said "Are you sure? Jump in here." While I held the door open. He declined but looked really happy that he was getting spoken to like and equal, as if he didn't know how to take it. So I finished by saying "Okay, take care mate."

I finished there and went straight over the road and spoke to the head of my local mind. I'm going to email him about doing some voluntary work.
Affectus, qui passio est, desinit esse passio simulatque eius claram et distinctam formamus ideam.

Emotion, which is suffering, ceases to be suffering as soon as we form a clear and precise picture of it.

Buttercup

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 07:32:17 PM »
Wow, that was quick, but I'm so glad you're positive about it & making loads of progress.

Xxx

captainkeefy

• Karma Group
  • What's that?
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 09:43:18 PM »
My C.B.T. Therapist has said the difference in me is amazing. In the last 4 weeks or so all the lessons I've been learning from therapy, Internet and books has totally changed the way I think and act. What I have been finding is that my fear of abandonment goes straight into my inner personality which sets off my vulnerable child mode. Because I've been aware of it I've been been dealing with it and not letting it affect the way I interact

Catbrian

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 06:27:47 PM »
I'm pleased you're positive about all that, sounds like you're making good progress

captainkeefy

• Karma Group
  • What's that?
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 08:50:26 PM »
Yeah, he did say that I have traits. The therapy that I was looking at doing, I think it was too deep for me. I don't think I'd get anything out of it to be honest

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 10:05:20 PM »
It does help though just to be able to talk and be able to start doing things that can help

captainkeefy

• Karma Group
  • What's that?
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 02:43:58 PM »
I agree, it is good to talk to people. However, the type of Therapy that was being offered I don't feel I would get any benefit from. For example I don't feel I could contribute to group Therapy that was discussing self harm. It is not something I have an issue with, I felt as places where limited that I would rather someone else had the choice to join this group who would really benefit from this type of supportive environment, after all I get any validation I'm looking for from you guys here   :hug: 0158.

I have been transferred back to C.B.T. and my T there is absolutely blown away by my progress. I was discussing a situation that arose with my Wife and I talked the whole thing through with my T. His reply was "That's very good. Not only have you dealt with as situation which would obviously trigger your fear of abandonment, you have also been assertive but in no way aggressive. You accepted your Wife had the right to make the choice she did, you also decided that you had the right to a different opinion and withheld your values, while respecting your Wife's decision and respected her values as an individual." He said he was really pleased with the progress I've made. He has also reduced my appointments, I get the impression this might be with the view to me being discharged. 0158         

Catbrian

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 07:33:08 PM »
I'm pleased to hear everything is going well for you