Author Topic: Unexpectedly good day  (Read 1624 times)

Indi

Unexpectedly good day
« on: March 25, 2013, 09:06:16 PM »
So the plan today was to go to Thorpe park with a friend I've recently been getting closer to - had been looking forward to it for ages, nothing temporarily clears depression quite like a shot of adrenaline! We get to the park b were told that, given the bitterly cold weather, half the rides were closed, so we decided against it. Instantly bummed out... Expected him to say he was off home, but thankfully he suggested we go get lunch and hang out in the town. So an uneventful but happy day :)
Still feeling very fragile after my being bailed on by someone closest to me, but it's days and people like this that are a lifeline.
Anyone else had an unexpected happy day?

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: Unexpectedly good day
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 09:47:49 PM »
Glad your day turned out well even though there was a change of plans.

Have had a run of the mill day but was cheered up unexpectedly if that counts.  Due to illness there has been a struggle to get people to help clean our chapel.  We are Methodists and already volunteer for various things in the back hall so thought we would offer to go on the chapel cleaning rota.  Anyway the other half was hoovering while I was dusting and a couple of ladies (church members) came in with a vax carpet cleaner.  They commented on how nice it smelled as they walked in  0158

Michael Frankum

• Karma Group
  • Rest in peace 27th Noverber 2012
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 10:13:09 PM »
It's always nice to hear that someone has had a good day. I think that I would have preferred lunch rather than hanging upside down in this weather! I hope that things continue in this positive vein. Best wishes.  :bye:

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 08:58:08 AM »
So pleased you had a good day, shame about Thorpe Park but lunch sounds better in this weather.

S x x x x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 04:09:57 PM »
great that you still hade a good day Indi, despite the bitter cold weather
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water

Catbrian

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 12:45:58 AM »
Pleased you still had a nice day.  What a bummer that Thorpe Park wasn't open.  I've enjoyed a couple of good days there, the rides are amazing...