Author Topic: Feel so unlistened to  (Read 14352 times)

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: Feel so unlistened to
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2013, 08:57:56 PM »
The treatment you are receiving from him is disgusting.  I expect that from social services as forced adoption is on the rise in the UK.  I always say one abused child is one too many but too often the wrong kids are being taken into care and the ones who should slip the net. 

I really don't understand why he thinks his attitude is acceptable.  You're right though it probably will be held against you if you stand your ground.  This is a good example of what's wrong with the mental health system.

Sadgirl4

• Karma Group
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2013, 02:25:59 PM »
I am lost. There is no solid ground to stand on, nothing to cling to. I try to hold onto the time I became a Christian. I knew I had to make a choice, to step into the unknown. I later found out that my sister, at the same moment, had a picture of Jesus standing in front of me. That happened, I had a faith. The echo of that must be enough for God to tug at my soul enough that I go to church, and have for the past 6 weeks, feeling a hypocrite, but trying to be obedient and answer the call.
But when I am there, nothing. We are encouraged to "come as we are". Evidently that is not enough. God is silent. He offers no comfort, no answer to the wailing of my heart which is all the prayer I have, not even condemnation. Just silence. I could not go forward for prayer. Is that why God ignores me, because I didn't take a step of faith? Am I cast aside because I do not learn from my depressive episodes, my faith weakening instead of growing stronger? Because I don't push through and claim the victory? I sat and cried. The senior pastor sat with me, but didn't know what to say.
I try, try so hard to do the things I used to do that brought me meaning. No-one bar my counsellor accepts what an effort that is, or that those activities do not make me feel better. How can they, when I am no longer alive in any real sense? It is not a question of  liking being depressed as my psychiatrist accused me of.
What am I to do?

The Pastor

• Administrator
  • Where there is no way God always finds away
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2013, 04:33:21 PM »
hi
i am sending you a pm

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2013, 04:34:37 PM »
Hope you don't mind me asking ~ what church are you going to?

I grew up believing in God and I never questioned His existence.  My parents encouraged my desire to go to church although I don't remember the first one which was a Catholic Sunday school.  My mum was Chapel (protestant) and my dad was raised a Methodist although he is an astheist. From there I have also attended a Methodist church and Anglican.  Sometimes I would go to a Catholic Church because a friend was Catholic and a Baptist church when friends were baptised.

When I was 19 I turned my back on my faith due to circumstances as I couldn't understand why God let terrible things happen to me.  I started going back to church after I got married as my husband wanted too but not regularly until 2005.  It was then that I came back to my faith and we were going to a Pentecostal church at the time.  I was resistant until one evening after church I read a message from a friend who took a leap of faith by what she wrote and quoted from the bible.  She didn't know what my beliefs were, if any.  I had been going through a tough time with depression yet her message got through to me and I opened up my heart again.  For me I knew it was the rime to start forgiving those who had hurt me (family) and to forgive myself.  I got baptised in November 2005 which has impacted on my life in a positive way.

We are know members of our local Methodist church where we get support.  I don't know how much it will help you to read this.  I do know God loves you and it's being depressed that is making you feel like this.  It take time for you to feel different but being with Christians even if it is just once a week will help as they can give support even if they don't understand what you're going through.  Sometimes just talking and a person listening can make you feel better.  If anybody offers to pray for you let them.