Author Topic: Borderline PD Book Recommendations  (Read 6063 times)

Catbrian

Borderline PD Book Recommendations
« on: March 12, 2013, 10:48:01 PM »
My Care Coordinator (CPN) sent me a load of fact sheet info on BPD, including book recommendations.  I thought they might be useful for anyone who enjoys reading

“Borderline Personality Disorder Demystified”.  By Robert O. Friedel

Robert O Friedel is a Psychiatrist with extensive experience in clinical care, research, and teaching in the PD field
This book is a comprehensive guide to BPD that relies heavily on the existing information from the research literature.  It is for people who have, or think they have, BPD

“Understanding and Treating BPD: An update for professionals and families”.  By John G Gunderson and 
                                                                                                                                       Perry D Hoffman

This book is different from others because its primary intended readers are the families of people suffering from BPD

“Get me out of here”.  By Rachael Reiland

This is a well written, articulate, honest and sometimes humorous account of the personal experiences of a young woman who is suffering the disorder.  The author clearly describes her progress and set backs
It also provides detailed insight into the process of one form of psychotherapy used in the treatment of BPD, “Psychodynamic psychotherapy”.

captainkeefy

• Karma Group
  • What's that?
Re: Borderline PD Book Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 10:19:08 PM »
Not a book on Borderline Personality Disorder, but a good read no the less.

Man's search for meaning by Viktor E. Frankl.
Affectus, qui passio est, desinit esse passio simulatque eius claram et distinctam formamus ideam.

Emotion, which is suffering, ceases to be suffering as soon as we form a clear and precise picture of it.