Author Topic: The view from the other side  (Read 4411 times)

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
Re: The view from the other side
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 04:50:04 PM »
id say the same as others, best to talk to docs.... together with your partner if you can
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water

will.i.am.not

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2013, 01:06:06 AM »
thanks guys, not planning on doing anything about it yet, was just curious if there was a link at all. She has a follow-up appointment next week to discuss the questionnaire she was given in full, if I can't go then her mum will be going with her, would rather that than she went by herself.

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2013, 05:53:38 PM »
thats good Will...
it can be very uncomfortable for some people to do these things alone
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2013, 07:45:56 PM »
Good to hear her mum is going with her, I always took someone with me for moral support.  I hope it goes well for her.

S x x x x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Catbrian

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2013, 12:23:05 AM »
It's good to accompany her but I take it she will go into the room on her own?   I really do hope it goes well for her

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2013, 01:15:21 PM »
I also hope the appointment helps and that her mum can go in with her.  It's difficult going to appointments at times so if I need to go my husband goes with me usually as he knows I find it difficult to speak when I'm really low.

will.i.am.not

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2013, 10:15:57 PM »
Ok, so it's been a while since I've updated this. My other half has been up and down since then, but has recently managed to get a referral to counselling on the nhs. This is a big step, as she always said counselling wouldn't help her (she's very stubborn). So anyway, this seems to have been helping her, although she's only had a couple of sessions. Her manager and her line manager have also been supportive now they know what's going on.

This was until Monday, anyway. Something went off at work on Monday and she phoned me in tears after she'd been blamed for not doing something she doesn't have access to anyway and so could never do. Basically, her manager can't delegate properly (or at all). The upshot of this is she went to the doctor's on Monday night for something else and this came up which resulted in her being signed off for a week.

The issue is, she has no motivation whatsoever when I'm not around, and I work an hour away from home. She has lots of things she wants to do around home, but no motivation to do them. Can you guys suggest anything that might help?

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2013, 08:55:47 PM »
Is there any other support for her when you're not around?

Maybe someone you trust can help at times like this.  Sorry for not being helpful as I'm more motivated when I'm on my own.