Author Topic: Prayer and Healing Video  (Read 4803 times)

The Pastor

• Administrator
  • Where there is no way God always finds away
Prayer and Healing Video
« on: December 09, 2012, 08:36:15 PM »
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 05:35:30 PM by The Pastor »

Got

• Karma Group
Re: Prayer and Healing Video
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 11:05:21 PM »
I was prescribed a  treatment of prayer for my depression by the NHS, but it didn't work too well, so I went to the Church, and they prescribed me some medication and it worked really well.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 11:11:02 PM by Stevie »

Got

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 11:10:33 PM »

I was just being teasing by the way, not nasty.

Steve X

Catbrian

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 09:26:57 PM »
Yer Steve the medication you were prescribed by the church must have been 'Jesus tabs', that's why they worked!

I'm not so sure about Jesus healing people's depression as much as we are blessed with strength and insight to deal with it.  If I had not experienced depression, I might never have gone to certain places or met particular people, all of which have been important in my life.  I'm not saying God intends us to be depressed so that we can do certain things.  Maybe it's about making the best of a bad situation.

Our genetics, background and/or lifestyle choices all contribute to depression and other unbearable illnesses.  I believe our ancestors and our own actions are responsible for the life we are given.  The most precious gift of all is FREE WILL, to do with our lives and this Earth as we wish.  However, when things go catastrophically wrong, we curse God and cast blame for the disaster and look for change through complete healing.  I don't believe Jesus will then jump in and take all that away.  

I’m really unsure about the whole healing issue.  If we had a world of perfection, where would we be?  Is it not true that we need the experiences and the voice of the depressive, the sick, or the disabled?  

If you are different from what is classed as “normal”, then it’s almost certain life has met more challenges, twists and turns, as the “normal” person.  Those “extra” experiences can develop empathic wisdom amongst people from all ‘walks of life’ whose contribution to our civilisations are invaluable.

Therefore, to seek healing, is not only fruitless and discouraging when it never happens, but, in my opinion, it also seems to work against the natural progression of life.

Yes, I believe in the power of prayer, but I also believe there are boundaries

Now, I have no clue if that made sense to you or to me, but I know what I mean…. $%$
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 05:30:14 PM by Catb »

Got

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 03:11:53 PM »
They were ok those Jesus tabs but they turned me into a Muslim.

What you wrote does make sense, although I would argue that, to an extent, free will is an abstract concept.

Catbrian

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 06:06:10 PM »
 %$£