Author Topic: Leveson report  (Read 6842 times)

Michael Frankum

• Karma Group
  • Rest in peace 27th Noverber 2012
Leveson report
« on: November 29, 2012, 06:33:37 PM »
Is David Cameron a gutless worm? Doesn't want to upset anybody Rich or Powerful. Leveson's recommendations would only protect ordinary people from being unfairly and unreasonably attacked by the press. They would not cause problems to Public Interest cases. Public Interest does not mean things that the public are interested in like the size of Jordans tits, or who shagged Charlotte Church as soon as she became legal. It means things that are important to be revealed, such as Cameron's cozy relationship with Murdoch and his sycophants, or Blair's knowledge of the lack of WMD excuse for war.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: Leveson report
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 07:44:19 PM »
I dont think it will do him any good politically unless the government can come up with some news to 'bury' the story
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

mat

• Karma Group
  • Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 02:36:31 AM »
arrghhh here goes :  I can get very political at times with strong opinions, given my age and background i'm almost shocked myself how much interested I am in it.

Cameron is a mistake as PM ,  but unfortunately these days almost all MP's who belong to the big groups eg lab,libdem,tory, have lost their way  they see themselfs as some sort of celebrity's in this day in age  the amount of money that is put into these party's is bordering on bribery , as most of the partys are scared of offending their doner's.

Just look at what has happened recently the right honorable William Hague who is a member of the conservatives who serve as OUR goverment  SPENDS TEN THOUSANDS POUNDS to STUFF A SNAKE  are you f'n kidding me  , your part of the goverment who is cutting benefits to those who need it the most and you decide to spend Ten Thousand pound on a god damn dead snake.

yeah so to get back to my point - the leveson inquiry/report has shown that the media (especially print media) have had a free reign over society to do what they please  with out any care or regard to peoples life  even if the story they are telling is fact or fiction,  basically the rich run the goverment and cameron does not run this country he is only there to serve as the fat cats whipping boy to push through their policies.

Just look at starbucks,amazon,google, etc not paying Tax are you kidding me, sure  its not illegal but the goverment should put such policies in place to ensure that it does come illegal.
BEFORE YOU ACT, LISTEN
BEFORE YOU REACT, THINK
BEFORE YOU SPEND, EARN
BEFORE YOU CRITICIZE, WAIT
BEFORE YOU PRAY, FORGIVE

BEFORE YOU QUIT, TRY

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 12:40:25 PM »
What the hell are we stuffing a snake for?M
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

mat

• Karma Group
  • Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm
BEFORE YOU ACT, LISTEN
BEFORE YOU REACT, THINK
BEFORE YOU SPEND, EARN
BEFORE YOU CRITICIZE, WAIT
BEFORE YOU PRAY, FORGIVE

BEFORE YOU QUIT, TRY

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 07:29:14 PM »
well, that is the pits, a bloody snake for f sake, i could think of much better ways to spend 10,000
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water

Michael Frankum

• Karma Group
  • Rest in peace 27th Noverber 2012
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 08:00:54 PM »
Tories are inbred chinless w***ers...in my opinion, of course!  $%$ How's that for clear political discussion?

athens1982

• Karma Group
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 11:20:09 PM »
I fear most party members fill that discription these days Michael! There is no real devide between labour and conservative anymore. I was bought up with a father who was almost a communist in his views and always veered to the left. But these day's am confused with lack of choice apart from extreme right like BNP or Ex treme left which isn't my scene.Confused . com

Got

• Karma Group
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 11:47:27 PM »

unfortunately these days almost all MP's who belong to the big groups eg lab,libdem,tory, have lost their way 

Entirely disagreed. We are remarkably lucky. The fact that the parties are becoming more and more similar shows us something quite promising. This is not a bunch of idiots running the country, this is a group of individuals who are very intelligent, very experienced and very knowledgeable. We do not live in a dictatorship, we have a long history of democracy and we are exceptionally lucky to have developed to the degree that our parties are not drastically different, because if they were, it would mean we are in the dangerous position that society is polarised and unstable. The fact that we have a consensus shows that we've reached agreement. The world is an increasingly globalised society, decisions made by politicians are about complex global trade, security, and geopolitics...it is all on a global level and it is done by interacting with the worlds best academics. They have to do all this whilst maintaining the populations basic rights....which they have done. The government isn't against us at all, its serving its purpose of steering the country and it does so by accessing the advice of the best minds on offer.

If you are young like you suggest, then I think you should consider something.... Perhaps your strong opinions are strong because you haven't yet gained sufficient knowledge to base your opinions on. The smaller your knowledge, the less likely it is that you will form sensible opinions. The fact that you are interested in politics suggests intelligence.....and so perhaps you should read more and you will grow more politically. Knowing what you are talking about will get you where you want to be in life, it will open doors.........knowledge is the key to success, it is the key to realising your dreams. Getting frustrated with politics is more about projecting your own internal frustrations than it is about having an understanding.

This is not an attack, this is an academic subject so I am arguing academically....if your opinions matter to you...consider what I have written. Read and learn, get a good grasp of what you are taking about before you make strong general assertions......if you have an extreme opinion, it is because you can't see the full picture.

That is kind, friendly and free advice that will be useful to you if you care about politics.

All the best,

Steve

Got

• Karma Group
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 11:48:22 PM »

unfortunately these days almost all MP's who belong to the big groups eg lab,libdem,tory, have lost their way  

Disagreed, some of the lower grade politicians...yes.....thick a lump of wood. But, we are remarkably lucky. The fact that the parties are becoming more and more similar shows us something quite promising. This is not a bunch of idiots running the country, this is a group of individuals who are very intelligent, very experienced and very knowledgeable. We do not live in a dictatorship, we have a long history of democracy and we are exceptionally lucky to have developed to the degree that our parties are not drastically different, because if they were, it would mean we are in the dangerous position that society is polarised and unstable. The fact that we have a consensus shows that we've reached agreement. The world is an increasingly globalised society, decisions made by politicians are about complex global trade, security, and geopolitics...it is all on a global level and it is done by interacting with the worlds best academics. They have to do all this whilst maintaining the populations basic rights....which they have done. The government isn't against us at all, its serving its purpose of steering the country whilst maintaining human rights.

its not about left, right, blue, red, yellow and drastically different views about society as it used to be. The consensus has taken years to build.

Steve
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 11:57:50 PM by Stevie »