Other Depression & Anxiety Related Illneses > Obsessive Compulsive Disorder - OCD

I have been diagnosed as having OCD or pure o as she said!

(1/4) > >>

Pete:
Hi all
I wasn't too sure where to put this as I began but obviously it is here.

A couple of weeks ago my psych informed me that I was in her opinion not clinically depressed and "most likely" not bipolar despite there being family links to it as in a sibling and possibly my father. She said in her opinion I was suffering from OCD. Now maybe I'm being stupid here because I said I her that I didn't do te compulsive hand washing etc but she said that my main problem was what she referred to as being pure o. Apparently what I assumed was some form of hyperness in my mood is infact my constant intrusive thoughts.

I have been analysing this over the past couple of weeks and I actually believe she is right. Some of the thoughts I don't really want to go into as they are I feel too bad but let me just say they are there.

I just wondered if there is anyone else who has heard of this or maybe has it too?

I had so much to say but now I can't seem to say anything.

Zaf:
Sorry Pete, I dont know anything about it, I hope someone can help

Z xxx

Pip:
It's not something I know about.  Did a google search  and came across this link but I am clueless to whether it's relevant http://orthomolecular.org/library/jom/1979/pdf/1979-v08n02-p078.pdf

Pete:
Thanks both. i was going to  do a bit of research myself but i took a downturn  and basically couldnt be bothered. Hopefully, well i feel a little more able to today  so maybe I will and i'll get back to you with  stuff.

em89:
Hi
Yes i was also diagnosed as od due to intrusive thoughts. it might seem strange but it is od as they are compulsive thoughts. unfortunately it is not very well known, compared to the health ritual od. you can find information about it on wikipedia and there is a book about it, so it is quite common! i know exactly how you feel with unwanted intrusive thoughts sometimes it is horrible but now when i get them i just let them pass by, it takes a while but you will get there!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version