Author Topic: Creativity - finding a new way forward  (Read 4753 times)

jakers

Creativity - finding a new way forward
« on: October 02, 2012, 08:33:27 AM »
I just described my recent experience as having scattered me all over the place.I noted that I did not use the word shattered. Scattered to me means that everything remained intact but was dispersed over a large area and the recovery process is in finding the pieces and putting them back together. This is happening slowly. my writing focuses me on how I am feeling now. it feels like I have a piece of thread amd am finding the scattered pieces and threading them together . I now have a patch that is called "writing". It is interesting that I should use the word patch as I initially had the idea of using a patchwork quilt as an idea for writing about each piece that held a memory. That has now evolved into the idea that it will be new patches that will be more significant in this quilt. There can be a parts of the quilt that was not there before.They will be made of of new and beautiful fabric and will enhance the whole.
So how am iadding to the quilt today? I am taking an outing into London. i have tickets for two exhibitions. The journey helps my self esteem and confidence and the exhibitions will hopefully feed the "artist's well" .
Perhaps outings will become another part of the quilt a new an beautiful part of my life that was not ther before. The fabrics can be chosen specially for this purpose and can be sewn into an area called "time out".
I can now see how creativity is the key to the whole. perhaps creativity is the thread that the observer (myself) is using to pull together the scattered pieces that may take a long time to become whole, but may also become a beautiful exploratory journey. Some of the pieces contain pain, but the pain can be integrated into the whole and become an important piece of the patchwork. Because they are not ignored or left on the ground to fester, they too become part of the essential building blocks of a blossoming personality. ^%$ ^%$ ()( ()(

bookletters

• Karma Group
Re: Creativity - finding a new way forward
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 11:35:12 AM »
Again, beautiful post!!!

joethfc

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 11:51:56 AM »
Nicely written thread. I've recently encountered the idea that creativity is paradoxical because you have to be two opposite things at once. Completely open to inspiration whilst being totally focussed. Also being conscientious whilst open to new experiences. Using the things you know well but addressing them as new ideas.
"It's only life."

bookletters

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 12:07:25 PM »
How very true!!!