Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 2549 times)

seaofsouls

Hi everyone
« on: June 23, 2010, 06:34:54 PM »
Hi newbie here.
I have just been to the doctors today,and diagnosed (if thats the right word)with depression.i have suffered with depression after my father died a few years back,i seemed to have recovered over that,until last week,when i was told i was to be tuped over to another company due to my present company losing a major contract.
This new company is further away,will be travelling 500 miles a week,which i dont think i will be able to cope with,and on top of that they are removing me from my office enviroment to being more hands on tools wise,it really is getting me down,i feel even lower this time than i did when my father died.And of course if i turn down the offer of work i,ll end up with nothing,and with a mortgage and other bills to pay,i fear i am about to lose everything.

Anyway to cut things short, i broke down this morning in front of the wife and kids,and then did it again at the doctors.
i have been prescribed citolapram.

CarolineS

Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 10:26:46 AM »
Hi,
I'm new here too and was just about to introduce myself when I saw your post. 
I've found citalopram very help as has my partner who started taking it about 3 months ago.  It has taken awhile for him to feel good with the doctor gradually increasing the dose, but he is now much more able to cope with life.  Please don't despair, just take things slowly and try not to pressure yourself, I'm sure things will improve for you.

Caroline
Caroline UK

seaofsouls

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 09:40:01 AM »
Hi,
I'm new here too and was just about to introduce myself when I saw your post. 
I've found citalopram very help as has my partner who started taking it about 3 months ago.  It has taken awhile for him to feel good with the doctor gradually increasing the dose, but he is now much more able to cope with life.  Please don't despair, just take things slowly and try not to pressure yourself, I'm sure things will improve for you.

Caroline

Hi Caroline,
Thankyou for your reply,it seems a lot of people in here read the posts but do not reply to them  !???!

Its so horrible being like this,i just dont know which way to turn,i feel worthless that i cannot provide things for my family,i just want to run away from everything and never return.My head feels like its going to explode ,im all over the place with this weight around me.

Stormhead

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 10:42:40 AM »
Hi  ^&*

seaofsouls

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 12:33:51 PM »

raqalil

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 10:35:19 AM »
Hi I'm a newbie, just signed up  :) I should have done it a long time ago. Hope things improve soon for you, rach
You never know...

swimfan61

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 02:34:26 PM »
New here too first post. Citalopram is great, but in my case it never really worked because I continued to drink alcohol. If you stay away from booze (I did for the first six weeks) you WILL feel better somewhere between 2 to 4 weeks. For me, it was like the sun coming out from behind the clouds.