Author Topic: And then suddenly I'm engulfed in a nihilistic, anxious hysteria  (Read 5108 times)

joethfc

• Karma Group
I don't really know why, I've been feeling strange today like there's something I'd rather be doing but I have no idea what. I thought going to work may actually be a relief today but when I got there I seemed to get this paranoia about the people I worked with, like they talk behind my back or something. A desperate need to know what people really think of me but knowing how paranoid that is. Then this all just becomes physiological, I keep breathing heavily, putting my head in my hands and pacing around. Then I keep thinking, I can't live this way, I'd rather not be alive right now.

Then I get to thinking that everything I've ever done has only seemed to cause me some variety of dissatisfaction, what's the point of trying to make a go of life when I could be just as miserable doing nothing? I think the most I really want from life is nothing, no terrifying future events, no difficult social situations, no bickering family. Then I think about the people in my life who seemed to die too soon and how I would have swapped places with them because at least they could make something work; life has nothing for me, clearly.

I'm sorry for starting a new thread, I know I'm attention seeking, I'm just so insecure that I need to do this.
"It's only life."

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
Re: And then suddenly I'm engulfed in a nihilistic, anxious hysteria
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 06:44:02 PM »
You are not attention seeking Joe, please feel free to write whatever you need to. I think alot here suffer from some kind of paranoid thoughts.  I know I have alway been paranoid of what people think of me.

S x x x x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: And then suddenly I'm engulfed in a nihilistic, anxious hysteria
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 07:30:22 PM »
I often think people are watching and judging me, thinking bad things about me.

Z xx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.