Author Topic: Nadal  (Read 11319 times)

Got

• Karma Group
Re: Nadal
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 05:01:38 PM »

I do actually have a very good understanding of this, since the age of 18 I have read just about every paper published on the subject within last 20 years. Of course there are degrees of severity but OCD is a condition that typically involves repeated intrusive thoughts that cause bad anxiety, overt compulsions and rumination - these symptoms must occupy a significant amount of the sufferers time and there must be a degree of  social impairment for a diagnosis of OCD to be made. This is what OCD is, it is not a few obsessive traits. 

I do not deny there are degrees of severity but if you go to a psychiatrist in the NHS with a few obsessions he/she will tell you that you have obsessive traits, you will not walk away with a diagnosis of OCD. The public and media have completely mis-portayed this illness to the extent that people do not comprehend it. If you start staring at children and thinking that you find them attractive and spend all day thinking you are a paedophile then you will qualify for a diagnosis of OCD.

I am not being pugnacious and I am only arguing respectfully and maturely, but if this forum is to offer support to people with OCD then it has to be clear what OCD is.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 05:03:59 PM »
I teally dont feel well enough to argue Steve but I dont entirely agree

Z xx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Got

• Karma Group
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2012, 03:48:58 AM »
I am sorry my intention wasn't to argue, only to discuss. I don't like arguing at all.

I am sorry that I have upset you and made you feel worse, I did not mean to.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2012, 04:57:29 AM »
You havent upset me Steve, I just feel very low and ill atm :(
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.