Author Topic: is it possible???  (Read 5630 times)

freeasabird

• Karma Group
is it possible???
« on: June 17, 2012, 07:49:03 PM »
I have been wondering for a long time and im thinking of talking to my psychiatrist  about it but thought id ask you guys first as im not sure what the reaction will be?
I have been wondering whether it is possible to start again new name new location new home the lot ive asked family and friends and all they have said is its running away?but is it really if you think it will give you the confidence to move on and make a better life for yourself?

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: is it possible???
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 08:09:18 PM »
In a sense it would be running away but if you think it would be good for you its worth serious consideration, dont forget you cant leave depression behind and just because you have a new life it may still be with you

Z xxx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

freeasabird

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 08:16:59 PM »
im stuck between a rock and a hard place  :( no money to move to get away from noisy drunken neighbours all i want is somewhere to call home my house is unsuitable for my sons needs and as he gets older he will need move help getting around which means more adaptions and people have surveyed my home only to tell me its too small and we will need to be moved so in my mind the logical thing to do is move before the problem has arisen and isnt causing a problem for my sons mobility the council on the other hand say that hes not ill enough yet and we have to wait for him to be given an electric wheelchair which shall be soon but when he gets his chair it wont be able to fit through the door meaning the house is no longer suitable "£" there is so much stress at the moment i guess im dreaming that is hindsight everything could be rosey to get away from the daily frustration that things are getting too much.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 08:24:45 PM »
Red tape is an absolute nightmare :(

I think its very common when stressed or depressed we want to get away from it all somehow.  Do you think your doctor would write to the council to say you need to move sooner because of your health?

Z xx

freeasabird

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 08:46:28 PM »
i guess anything is worth a try i just hate feeling trapped

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 08:10:44 AM »
I think the trapped feeling is very typical when we're depressed, I certainly feel it :(

Z xxx

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 09:35:39 AM »
 &*( for you.  This is very hard for you.  I think that speaking to your dr about help with moving to a better house/area is a good idea.  It should push you up the points system.

S x x x x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

freeasabird

• Karma Group
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 01:00:24 PM »
 &*( i know this sounds probably really silly but i never thought they might help me because of me having mental health problems i always thought it was just something you have to get on with and i have been trying to sort it but some times you just feel so tired and i try and try but don't seem to get anywhere

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 01:04:13 PM »
Its not silly at all, I think we all feel the same.  But depression is an illness and you should get and deserve help.  I also understand the tiredness and the sheer effort of trying.  &*(.

S x x x x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 01:28:08 PM »
I agree you deserve help, if your doctor cant do anything try to gather the strength to phone or go to the Citizens Advice people

Z xx