Author Topic: Hey there,  (Read 2311 times)

TheBatman

Hey there,
« on: March 29, 2010, 02:50:47 PM »
Hey all, I'm a 28 year-old lad who lives in Bolton. I began to suffer from depression and a general lack of confidence since my early 20's. These problems have become worse with each passing year, which has led to me losing jobs, friends and relationships.
I think the worse part about it all is I don't know why I feel like this and I feel guilty for being depressed. I have a good job, my own house and a beautiful 6 month old boy. Why should I feel depressed when there are so many others in a worse position?
I don't understand it. I have been on both anti-depressants and counselling. I don't see my close family too often so there are not aware of my problem and the few people I have confided in over the years have never taken me seriously. At work I am a complete outcast to 90% percent of people. I have a reputation around the place for being thick and slow and difficult to talk to. I am not like this at all. I just constantly worry what people are thinking about me and because I worry so much I can get clumsy and extremely shy.
I don't have many friends left, the ones I do were from the days when I used to enjoy life and therefore when I see them I am able to relax every once in a while.

I just don't know what the hell is wrong with me.

Anyway, thanks for listening...

Lil Miss Lost

• Karma Group
Re: Hey there,
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 11:35:02 AM »
Hi and  ^&* to the forum, i can definetly relate to how you are feeling i too have a daughter and perfect partner and i dont know why i feel like it either! I also worry alot about what people think of me and feel like people just cant relate to me, i dont have many friends either, think i pushed most of them away or those who couldnt understand me anyway! They expected so much from me and i just wasnt able to give it half the time! Hope you can find some things that help you on here and could you try going back to see your doctor? :)

Rubyt

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 05:59:05 PM »
Hi, I read your message and just want to say that no one should set rules as to who should or shouldn't have reasons to be despressed.  I am suffering abdly with depression and regardless of 'what we have', it doesn't have any realtion to depression.  Being depressed is an illness and has no baring on what we have, what we feel we 'should' be grateful for etc.  Like me, I am sure you appreciate things like your child and have a happy part of you relating to that aspect of your life.  Being depressed is something different and an entity in itself.  I am here to meet people as I too have lost friends through this depression.  I do know how you feel. Get back to me sometime.  Hope you feel better, even a bit, soon! :)

TheBatman

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 10:54:32 AM »
Thanks guys. x

Ezel

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 04:54:48 PM »
 ^&*