Author Topic: Sweet and Salty chocolates  (Read 6129 times)

Munchroom

• Karma Group
Sweet and Salty chocolates
« on: March 25, 2012, 07:28:11 PM »
There are really scrummy and moreish - I tend to make up the mixture and then spoon it into petit four cases so they are like little individual chcolates, although you can just spread it all out onto a greased baking sheet and leave to set before chopping up into 'bars'  :)

100g Dark chocolate
200g Milk chcolate
3 tablespoons Golden Syrup
125g Butter
250g Salted Peanuts
4 x Crunchie Bars

Break up the chcolate into squares and smash up the crunchie bars so you have little bits of honeycomb - great for stress relief!

Melt the butter on a low heat in a saucepan and add the golden syrup. Add the chocolate and once that has melted, stir in the peanuts and crunchie bits - and that is it! So simple and so scrumptious!! I find its best the keep it on a very low heat whilst spooning it into cases as it stops the mixture from starting to set. Chill for a few hours and then devour! I made some as Christmas presents a couple of years ago and it always goes down really well  :) I made it with these quantaties yesterday and it made enough to fill aout 80 petit four cases, so it does make a fair amount  :) xxx
This too shall pass.

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
Re: Sweet and Salty chocolates
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 08:19:57 PM »
This sounds scrummy.  Thanx so much for posting it up.  Will definately have a go at making these.

S x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Got

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 08:20:58 PM »
It was a bad idea for me to read this post for two reasons.....1. my medication makes me crave chocolate, 2. You can't really get chocolate here.

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 09:02:27 PM »
Oh no steve, we will have to send you some food parcels full of chocolate  ;).

S x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

myrtlemaid

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 03:49:40 PM »
yum sound amazing will have to try then but then hide loads so i dont eat em all in one go !

Pablo

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 04:34:55 AM »
I'm going to make this soon.........