Author Topic: Has weed caused this?  (Read 6409 times)

Viola28

Has weed caused this?
« on: February 29, 2012, 09:52:48 PM »
I'm new on here so was a little reluctant to post. Just wanted to know of anyone else is or has experienced anything like this before. So my story is that I used to smoke alot of weed starting at the age of 14. At first it was only occasional. Then when I reached 16/17 I was smokIng it pretty much full time. I had intermittent periods of not smoking it but on the whole id say I was a full time smoker. This was until when at the age of 25 ish I smoked it one night and gave me the most awful sensation. At first i didn't know what it was but looking back on it, it was a full blown panic attack. I thought I was having a heart attack and things weren't good at all. These feelings eased of in the morning but I still had that awful feeling in the pit of my stomach. That nervous anxious feeling permantely there. Now that should be a sign to stop smoking however foolishly I smoked again about 3/4 days later. This time the feelings were 10 times worse. This was around 3 years ago and i havent touched it since. However These feelings have not gone away. I find them unbearable. Ive been on various courses of meds but with no positive reaction. Other symptoms are i feel like I'm losing my mind. It seems like I'm on the verge of a complete mental breakdown. In so scared this might happen. I'm constantly on edge and my mind feels so muddled. I can't concentrate on anything and it has afftected me so much I can't work. I just want my normal life back. Is there any weed smokers (or ex should I say) that have suffered similar things. Will I ever return to normal or am I gonna have to live with it. Could this have happened anyway? Does anyone suffer from similar things that haven't touched drugs.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 01:22:27 PM by Viola28 »

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
Re: Has weed caused this?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 10:42:31 PM »
Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the forum,

I have never smoked weed, so I cannot offer any advice. 

S x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

harrystrill

• Karma Group
  • Meh......
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 08:33:52 AM »
You have just described me, I was an extremely heavy smoker from 15 to about 25 until I too had what I can only describe as a bad trip. It totally knocked me however I was so used to smoking weed I kept doing it each time feeling worse and worse . I was extremely paranoid and did not trust any if my friends I also had problems telling if my memories were really or not. Cannabis use can bring underlying mental heath issues to the surface, I knew someone who became schizophrenic but what's to say that would not have happened any way. There is also cannabis psychosis you may want to google it. I know its easy for me to say but there will be light at the end of the tunnel, I'm normal ish now , still get down sometimes but I think that maby down to far too much extacey in the 90s . Your best bet is to go your gp you may benefit from somthing to keep you calm but under no circumstances should you abuse anything the doc gives you as you will just push the problem up hill. I'm not going to lie , it may be hard at times but hang on in there it will get better in time. If you want any more info or just a bit of support post again , they are a good buch on this forum .

Viola28

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 10:55:00 AM »
Thanks for the response. How long did u feel like that for. This has been nearly 3 yrs for me now and it seems to just be getting worse. I'm scared I've done permanent damage.

harrystrill

• Karma Group
  • Meh......
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 12:50:47 PM »
It was about 2 to 3 years before I started to come out the other side. I suppose I worked on changing my perception of my own thoughts, the paranoia was a killer but I came to the conclusion that if it was going to happen there was nothing I could do to stop it so why worry in the mean time , it seemed to work for me and stopped my mind working overtime all the time. What you need to remember is if part of you gets ill its effectiveness will suffer, if you break a leg it won't support you weight, if you get a chest infection your lungs will not work so good. If there is something wrong with your brain ie chemical imbalance then your thoughts will not work properly, if you can understand why you think what you do and start accepting what you have no control over it will get better, but what worked for me may not for you, if ther is anyone you trust away from your drug friends see if you can talk to them, also go to your gp and tell him,her how you feel, good luck and stay strong you my not be able to believe it but with the right help it will get easyer

Viola28

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 01:02:53 PM »
That's for the advice mate. I know I need to stay strong and I'm trying my hardest to overcome these problems. Just sometimes they seem too much. Here's to a better future I suppose.

harrystrill

• Karma Group
  • Meh......
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 01:38:06 PM »
No problems keep at it and if things are hard post about it

Got

• Karma Group
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 07:07:49 PM »

Possibly depression and anxiety.

The weed may have done it, you dont know. Perhaps you were smoking so much weed for a reason. Just keep going to the doctors and take medical advice.

snorlax

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 10:43:56 AM »
I'm only 16 but I'm already in the position you are. I don't know what to do!