Author Topic: ruminating  (Read 5415 times)

niceguynorthwales

ruminating
« on: February 02, 2012, 10:41:05 PM »
could someone please, please give me advice upon how to stop ruminating, going over and over the same issues day in day out from dawn till bedtime, tried saying stop, tried elastic bands tried self help books and advice from websites.
I do it without even thinking, seem to have turned it into an artform, there must be someone else who is a chronic ruminator if that is the correct phrase and has overcome it, please someone tell me how the hell to stop.
thankyou for reading
many thanks

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: ruminating
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 09:15:07 AM »
you might try mindfullness or thinking of the Now as suggested by Eckhart Tolle, if you want any more info on either I'll try to explain xx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Munchroom

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 12:15:21 PM »
I don't know how to stop it, but I do exactly the same - even actions like checking peoples facebook profiles religiously  :-[ I wish I could stop it and I know it is far from healthy.  Just sometimes feels like a lot of things have become a habit and it drives me up the wall! x
This too shall pass.

Got

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 03:55:40 PM »

Sorry to say this all sounds very much like OCD. I suppose it depends what you are ruminating over.

I am a chronic ruminator of 28 years, but when I am happy the rumination is pleasant obsession, when I am unhappy it is absolute torture.

I am ill advised to tell you how to stop as I am unable.

mamalou

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 11:57:36 PM »
I am a ruminator too.

I drive myself permanently mad.

Tried various self help techinques, mindfullness and grounding but nothing seems to help...................... sorry x