Author Topic: Is God punishing me? How can I get Him to forgive me?  (Read 5935 times)

Raven81

Is God punishing me? How can I get Him to forgive me?
« on: January 27, 2012, 08:31:26 PM »
I have made many mistakes in my life and to be honest for my teens and early 20s wasn't a nice person at all.

I believe God is punishing me, and just want to know how to get him to forgive me.  I have written Him a letter but then wasn't quite sure what to do with it.

I am trying to make my life better, being nice to people, I got a job, lost 5 stone, but still I have no luck.  I always say you make your own luck but am starting to doubt that now.

My sister has a career (I had a breakdown at uni), she is moving to a big house (mine is like a rabbit hutch), she is having a baby (after 6 years trying to conceive I still have no luck and am just racked with terrible period pain), her husband has a new job (Mr Tabby was made redundant and can't find anything).

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: Is God punishing me? How can I get Him to forgive me?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 08:47:25 PM »
This is difficult to answer because my spiritual beliefs dont follow any of the Abrahamic religions so I dont have the same view of god as many people.

Do you attend a church or similar?  if so could you speak to your spirital leader?
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Raven81

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 08:51:37 PM »
I don't attend a church at the moment tho I haven't thought about it, I am not sue which one to join! There was a nice one I went to pray for a very sick relative and they were helpful and my relative got much better - I'm not saying it was due to my prayers but they can't have done any harm!
It is a good idea to contact someone, I will make some enquiries into findging someone.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 09:16:19 PM »
No, they certainly wont have done any harm :)

It would definitely be worth finding someone that shares your beliefs to talk to and it doesnt have to be the first place you find, some ministers are easier to talk to than others so find someone you feel happy to talk to and think they will understand your feelings and be able to help you

Z xx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Ezel

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 10:22:59 PM »
tabby81,

I go to a Pentecostal church and I believe that God is all loving and all forgiving.  I turned my back on my faith back in 1981 as I was blatantly bullied and lied into surrendering my son as I couldn't understand why God would allow that.  It was another 23 years and reunion with my son to come back to my faith.  Now I know that God wasn't to blame, my parents and adoption agency were as they were the ones who bullied and lied to me.  I was also angry with myself.  My faith helps me even at my lowest points and the church is supportive.

Terino00

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 06:30:45 PM »
I believe that you can walk into a church and pray quietly without anybody bothering you. Christ already died for your sins...and for mine. I imagine Christ being taken down from the cross and put into the tomb. My head tells me he is dead. My heart says he can't be dead because I love him. And as long as I go on loving he never will die.

It makes me feel humble and proud!

Ezel

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 07:35:16 PM »
 %^%