Author Topic: Positive steps  (Read 4877 times)

Pudie

Positive steps
« on: January 23, 2012, 11:27:48 AM »
Have just been to see my GP. It is 7 years that I have been on fluoxetine and having cut back to 20mg every other day I have her agreement to stop altogether. She is to refer me to a mindfulness programme to give my self help some focus and I also plan to do some CBT activities on line and through books. I have improved my diet (hope this has also helped reduced my 7.5 cholesterol level - am going for a blood test on Thurs) and I am taking more exercise (although exertion headaches are an issue for me). Not sure how long it actually takes to be clear of the meds after stopping, but fingers crossed I will be able to replace the grey prozac life for a life I can manage through better self management. Hoping to use this forum as a journal for my journey. I certainly feel capable of doing this at the moment, so here's hoping I can spread some positive thoughts and find a way to manage this.

Munchroom

• Karma Group
Re: Positive steps
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 03:04:16 PM »
Well done Pudie  :) it must feel like such a monumental step to be able to be rid of the medication and you must feel so proud!! (You definetly deserve to!)

I think we could all do with some positive posts and I, for one, would certainly love to know how you are getting on with the computerised CBT and the transition off of your meds.

Welcome xx
This too shall pass.

together

Re: Positive steps
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 01:39:46 PM »
I know how you all feel at the moment. I ve been there too. I feel like hugging you all and make you feel you are not alone in this world. My fight with depression ended happily. Constant visits to doctors didnt help me..I was so afraid to take the pills in the ammount I was prescribed. But I was blessed to meet one person who helped me to get rid of this desease during very short period. No medication, no doctors, no hospitals. It took me just one week to get back feeling inside me how this life is beautiful and start enjoy it to the fullest again, to sleep well, to feel the taste of the food,to start dream again and to have great wish to live... During this period I met few people there who got rid of depression after third visit, after only just 3 hours, and 2 persons who got rid of PTSD ( as they told me they were sexually and physically abused) also after couple of visits. In my case it took a week. Almost 3 years passed since then. No any sign sign of depression anymore...