Author Topic: Mirtazapine help  (Read 7960 times)

Got

• Karma Group
Re: Mirtazapine help
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 07:29:02 PM »
Mitrazapine can give you a hangover effect. Somnolence is common.

The effects you describe could be part of depression, the mirtazapine or both.

Perhaps you could try something else. There are probably many more drug options available to you.

MrF

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 07:41:37 PM »
Mitrazapine can give you a hangover effect. Somnolence is common.

The effects you describe could be part of depression, the mirtazapine or both.

Perhaps you could try something else. There are probably many more drug options available to you.

My GP advised just stopping. I advised him that wasn't a good idea so he has given me Diazapam to try to counter the side effects.

Eventually I managed to get a referral although he didn't want to as he had only spoken to me once. After I explained that it's not my fault if everytime I have an appointment or phone call with them I get a different doctor he agreed.

I'm sure all if this makes it worse not better.

Got

• Karma Group
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2012, 08:34:11 PM »
Prescribing diazepam to counteract the sides of mirtazapine long term is definatly not a good idea. a) You will build resistance to diazepam, b) you may build an addiction to diazepam c) diazepam will make you even more sleepy.

There will probably be some more sensible options, like trying another anti-depressant, or chucking something else into the mix....so hopefully you will get to see a psychiatrist soon who can sort you out.

Steve XX

MrF

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2012, 08:47:48 PM »
Prescribing diazepam to counteract the sides of mirtazapine long term is definatly not a good idea. a) You will build resistance to diazepam, b) you may build an addiction to diazepam c) diazepam will make you even more sleepy.

There will probably be some more sensible options, like trying another anti-depressant, or chucking something else into the mix....so hopefully you will get to see a psychiatrist soon who can sort you out.

Steve XX

Fingers crossed.