Author Topic: Suggestions to improve the forums.  (Read 42770 times)

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: Suggestions to improve the forums.
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2012, 07:19:24 PM »
Thats a good idea Simon  _)_
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

captainkeefy

• Karma Group
  • What's that?
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2013, 11:35:25 AM »
I think we should have an area of the boards for workshops
Affectus, qui passio est, desinit esse passio simulatque eius claram et distinctam formamus ideam.

Emotion, which is suffering, ceases to be suffering as soon as we form a clear and precise picture of it.

Grandma

• Karma Group
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2013, 11:12:37 PM »
Hi

I am new so I may have just missed it, but is there somewhere to post / start threads which could potentially be distressing for others?

I am thinking for example, if I am in a really bad place, perhaps suicidal, I could post, and people who are perhaps feeling stronger  could respond whilst others who are themselves feeling particularly vulnerable would know to avoid?

Otherwise, I think that this forum is brilliant, there are lots of rooms but it doesn't feel too busy or intimidating. Thank you for being there and making this form of communication possible .

Big hugs xxx

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2013, 05:26:52 PM »
I think we should have an area of the boards for workshops

Sorry I missed this due to so much going on IRL, anyway good idea and will set one up  0158

I am new so I may have just missed it, but is there somewhere to post / start threads which could potentially be distressing for others?

I am thinking for example, if I am in a really bad place, perhaps suicidal, I could post, and people who are perhaps feeling stronger  could respond whilst others who are themselves feeling particularly vulnerable would know to avoid?

Good point and thank you for the suggestion.  Yes I will make another board once I have thought of an appropriate name for it.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2013, 05:54:23 PM »
I've set up a new board now called *In Need of Support* which members only can see as well as the Workshops board.

jessicart1991

• Say Hi!
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2014, 11:51:16 PM »
Hello.

Just some thoughts from a newbie!

I was looking for a place to speak to people around my own age.. could there not be a space for the very young and the very old at least? Personally, I place to speak to fellow students would be welcomed.

Also, just wondering why you have to give your contact number and address in order to register? Seems quite daunting for someone who would like to join in.. maybe a note about why you need these details, and where they would be used would be beneficial.

This probably has already been discussed but just a thought  :smile:
Message me... say hello :)

“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?“
― Winnie the Pooh

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2014, 10:50:02 AM »
Thank you for the suggestions and I will deal with the new boards today  :happy0158:

As you're new I am happy to explain why we ask for certain information.  Some time ago we had members who were suicidal and we had real fears that they would actually commit suicide.  At that time we weren't asking for information such as house number, postcode or telephone number.  With one member we contacted the police and they were able to track down the person based on mobile number which we had and IP number that evening so they worked incredibly quickly,  The other one was in hospital and again we knew the mobile number and the member was texting me at the time so I was able to respond.  I did a bit of detective work and found out what hospitals the member may have been in so my husband made a couple of phone calls.  Fortunately a member of staff found the member fairly quickly.

The personal information is kept private so the only people who have access to it are me and my husband.  Rest assured we don't pass on information.

beautydylan

• Karma Group
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2014, 10:01:37 PM »
Maybe advertise this forum a bit more? Like facebook and twitter so we get more members?

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2014, 10:51:49 AM »
We are already doing that but thank you for the suggestion as it is a good one  :happy0158: .

beautydylan

• Karma Group
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2014, 12:30:41 PM »
We are already doing that but thank you for the suggestion as it is a good one  :happy0158: .

I noticed it's hard to find on google, maybe make it appear in the top few searches instead of potential members having to search through 2 or 3 pages?

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2015, 08:23:13 PM »
Shamelessly stolen from a Pagan forum, but how about a games bit?  You could have a 3 word story and count to 50 etc etc?  Just a bit of fun and light relief sorta thing? 

The 3 word story is where everyone writes a small part of a story, 3 words at a time?  Person one writes, "once upon a" person two writes "time, long ago" person three writes "in a galaxy" person four writes "just down the" person five writes "street, a tribble" etc etc

The count to 50 thread, each member counts up to 50, one number at time and a mod or admin just has to post once to stop the count which re-starts at 1 again?  Person one starts the count at 1, person two replies 2, person three posts 3 etc etc and along comes a mod who just says whatever they want to stop the count and person four starts the count at 1, person five replies and says 2 etc etc?
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.