Author Topic: Suggestions to improve the forums.  (Read 42761 times)

Ezel

Suggestions to improve the forums.
« on: January 02, 2012, 11:07:38 AM »
Due to a pm I am posting to make sure members are aware that this board is the one to make suggestions to improve the forums.

Thank you  />.

Pip

un_important

• Karma Group
Re: Suggestions to improve the forums.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 02:04:50 AM »
1- u dont need so much description of forums
2- the sentence u have is not appropriate... we could choose one every month or week and vote to put there
3- the design seems old
4- i only see zaf here being supportive where are other people??
5- if u cant create a chat thing maybe put a chatbox?
6- we could have activities here to people interact with each other
7- i like the idea of visitor msg we can have in our profile
..... just ideas

un_important

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 11:19:44 AM »
yep. forget i mentioned anything. thanks.

Ezel

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 11:52:30 AM »
1- u dont need so much description of forums - I will deal with that and shorten where I can

2- the sentence u have is not appropriate... we could choose one every month or week and vote to put there - What sentence?  Sorry I don't understand what you are getting at.

3- the design seems old - This is the standard design for forums but we will look into other designs to see what we like.
4- i only see zaf here being supportive where are other people?? - Other members post and are supportive

5- if u cant create a chat thing maybe put a chatbox? -  We already have on My Place - http://myplace.depressionforums.co.uk/- which is part of the Depression Forums

6- we could have activities here to people interact with each other - Such as?

7- i like the idea of visitor msg we can have in our profile - Guests/visitors can't post anywhere because of spammers having posting inappropiate things in the pastso it is difficult to do what you suggest but it can be done on MY Place

un_important

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 11:57:56 AM »
as i said delete everything. thanks

un_important

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 11:28:35 PM »
typing in red is rude in my country.

4- i only see zaf here being supportive where are other people?? - Other members post and are supportive i meant staff people.. i only see zaf

7- i like the idea of visitor msg we can have in our profile - Guests/visitors can't post anywhere because of spammers having posting inappropiate things in the pastso it is difficult to do what you suggest but it can be done on MY Place
[/quote] clearly u know less of forum than i do... visitor msg is not for guests or non-users... is for people of forum to leave msg on others people profile.

now as i said delete this thanks.

Ezel

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 10:35:39 AM »
With all due respect I am not being rude and you are the one being agressive towards me.  I am just getting over severe depression so please back off.  The only reason I answered in red is because it is a colour that stands out therefore I wasn't being rude I was just making my responses clear.

Just because you are only see Zaf being supportive doesn't mean nobody else who is staff is not being supportive.  I haven't over been for the past month because my depression has been so severe that the crisis team was involved.  Just be aware that staff members may be struggling with depresion and that it is being insensitive on your part to expect all staff members to be supportive all the time.  We are all unpaid volunteers so please show a bit more respect.

clearly u know less of forum than i do... visitor msg is not for guests or non-users... is for people of forum to leave msg on others people profile.  This comment is offensive as I do know about forums such as smf, phpbb and vbulliten.  I know on the last one members can leave messages on vbulliten (sp) forums because I am a member of a forum that uses that software.  SMF software isn't that straightforward.  Not only do I have to find the software but then I have to download it and then upload it.  If it isn't compampactible then I have to find a package that is.  My husband deals with the design and maintenance side, I deal with the every day running of the forum and packages that are used.  His username is The Pastor so contact him about this.

I am not deleting this thread as other members may have similar suggestions so they can check this one first.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 10:42:06 AM by Ezel »

The Pastor

• Administrator
  • Where there is no way God always finds away
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 11:08:22 AM »
1- u dont need so much description of forums
2- the sentence u have is not appropriate... we could choose one every month or week and vote to put there
3- the design seems old
4- i only see zaf here being supportive where are other people??
5- if u cant create a chat thing maybe put a chatbox?
6- we could have activities here to people interact with each other
7- i like the idea of visitor msg we can have in our profile
..... just ideas

Hi there

Have you ever heard of don't bite the hand that feeds you?

To create a chat box take time and money.  This site is run by us and we are supporting this site financially as we don't ask for donations to help with running costs.  However if you want to give me the money i will gladly  deisgn and make the site better on all your suggestions.  Until then my advice to you is to seek professional help via counsellor as you come across as very angry and depressed.  You can vent at me as much as you want so please do if it gets it out of your system.

Now let me point out that the forums here have been online for 4 years plus now and you are the only one to complain.  As well as this I do have my own full time job to deal with so I give as much time as i can to improve things. 

un_important

• Karma Group
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 02:33:11 PM »
With all due respect I am not being rude and you are the one being agressive towards me.  I am just getting over severe depression so please back off.  The only reason I answered in red is because it is a colour that stands out therefore I wasn't being rude I was just making my responses clear.

Just because you are only see Zaf being supportive doesn't mean nobody else who is staff is not being supportive.  I haven't over been for the past month because my depression has been so severe that the crisis team was involved.  Just be aware that staff members may be struggling with depresion and that it is being insensitive on your part to expect all staff members to be supportive all the time.  We are all unpaid volunteers so please show a bit more respect.

clearly u know less of forum than i do... visitor msg is not for guests or non-users... is for people of forum to leave msg on others people profile.  This comment is offensive as I do know about forums such as smf, phpbb and vbulliten.  I know on the last one members can leave messages on vbulliten (sp) forums because I am a member of a forum that uses that software.  SMF software isn't that straightforward.  Not only do I have to find the software but then I have to download it and then upload it.  If it isn't compampactible then I have to find a package that is.  My husband deals with the design and maintenance side, I deal with the every day running of the forum and packages that are used.  His username is The Pastor so contact him about this.

I am not deleting this thread as other members may have similar suggestions so they can check this one first.

i said delete my posts not the thread.
ur not being friendly either since all i gave u, u criticized (waste of my time).
do u see many people here? of course! they dont join. thats why u dont have much "complains" (i wasnt even complaining).
if u dont have the time or wtv nominate other people that spend more time here as mods.
enough of this just delete all my posts.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 02:44:23 PM »
I'm sorry unimportant but your attitude is really not on, attacking the people that very kindly set this forum up and maintain it simply is not justified or fair.  I for one have found this place a godsend and dont know what I would have done if I hadnt found it, I know other people feel the same.

I havent said anything recently about your attitude but I constantly need to **** bad language in your posts and completely deleted one that was nothing but the f word over and over again, I know we all need to vent our feelings from time to time but generally everyone tries to get on with everyone else as we all suffer from depression and know that unkind words can have a devastating effect, I for one would very much appreciate if you could try not to be so abrasive when people are trying to help.

Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Ezel

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 03:01:54 PM »
Thank you Zaf for setting un_important straight  £$%

un_important

• Karma Group
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 03:12:37 PM »
*Quoting from private messages is NOT allowed without the sender's or recipent's permission*

I am locking this thread for the next 24 hours. - Ezel
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 03:21:24 PM by Ezel »

Ezel

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2012, 03:16:38 PM »
This thread is now back open

Lol

• Karma Group
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 05:44:27 PM »
It is important that we work together to nurture an environment of respect, trust and support. We must remain vigelant that members can be fragile and sensitive and may be affected by the things we say and do. We must also be mindful that as a public, non restricted access forum, there may be minors reading posts and we should respectfully keep language neutral/coded and racial, sexist, homophobic or other defamatory/inflammatory remarks should not be tollerated.

Do unto others as you would have done to you.

&*(

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2012, 12:15:25 PM »
As some of our posters sometimes need to let off steam in a big way I wondered if anyone thinks its worth having a section thats restricted and permission has to be asked for (and granted) before access is allowed, this would enable people to say what they like without the risk of minors or people that might be offended by bad language reading such posts?
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.