Other Depression & Anxiety Related Illneses > Obsessive Compulsive Disorder - OCD

OCD

(1/7) > >>

Got:
Has anyone else here got OCD?

Zaf:
I have a few minor rituals but dont think it counts, what form does it take Stevie (if you dont mind saying)

Got:
No I don't mind...I'm open about it. I've had it my whole life, I used to have strange rituals that would last hours sometimes. I used to do very many and strange things, but the most prominant was, and is to an extent, if I think something bad, for example a relative dying, whilst performing, an action (such as sitting down) I would have to repeat that action  a certain number of times to prevent it from happening. But things like tha I have control over now, it is annoying at most, but during times of stress I can have intrusive thoughts.

But the worst part for me, is that I ruminante, and that leads to severe depression. For example, what happened with my girlfriend recently, I have being thinking about it for every waking hour of the day for three months, and I dream about it, and that leads to awful depression...enough to make you want to do yourself in. This is the side of things I can deal with, and to be honest....it is ruining my life.

People often make light of OCD, including GP's but it is a horrible distressing illness.

Zaf:
so probably finding a way to get rid of the depression and/or the intrusive thoughts would help the OCD?

Got:

Yes indeed.

The ruminating is the worst part, I spoken to CBT therapists about this and they don't know what to suggest. Its amazing how many  professionals still seem to think OCD is checking locks and washing your hands. I have neither and never have.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version