Author Topic: Gallery?  (Read 5250 times)

cornish

• Karma Group
Re: Gallery?
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2011, 02:47:07 AM »
im sure your not that old  ;)

yeah i worry about that a bit, then again last time i broke down the radiator in my range rover cracked and i fixed it by bashing the hell out of it with a rock i found at the side of the road :P
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2011, 02:59:23 AM »
Old enough to remember old money! ;)

my first cars were a succession of minis then a very old petrol Land Rover, I could almost always get them going enough to at least get me home, then I got a diesel Hi Lux followed by a diesel Trooper and diesel engines seem much more complicated to me, plus all this computer management stuff cars have so I have no idea what to do if a car breaks down with me these days.

A few years ago I wrecked my left wrist so I had to get an automatic as changing gear made he injury worse every time I drove, and I'd have no idea what to do with it I had problems.

I do love my 4x4's though and now my wrist has more or less mended I'd like to get a Land Rover again, perhaps when my current Trooper has died, got to admit I'd probably miss the luxury of my air conditioning now though!

Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

cornish

• Karma Group
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2011, 03:16:33 AM »
the newer defenders are pretty luxurious and some have air con and they can be converted to automatic by a competent mechanic or there's the discovery / range rover or the  ::) freelander  ::)   

my first car was an old land rover, i loved her.
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2011, 03:29:39 AM »
I've never really liked The Discovery but a Defender or Range Rover might be just the ticket, David is a good mechanic so would probably be able to do a conversion if I needed him to

I loved my old Land Rover too  :)

cornish

• Karma Group
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2011, 03:58:45 AM »
well the other option is to build a series land rover up with an automatic on a coil sprung chassis so its basically a defender and but tax exempt and with classic looks and adding air con would be a few hours work :)

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2011, 04:53:53 AM »
I think David would have a fit if I asked him to do all that, perhaps when he isnt so busy!

He is repairing a horse trailer for me atm, the idea being to refurbish the horsebox, which I havent driven since I wrecked my wrist,  get a test on it and sell it as we wont need it now Maxie has gone and it seems sense to get rid of a big lorry that is kept taxed and insured just in case we need to use it and just have a trailer here that we can tow with one of the Troopers if and when we need to.

After that he has to do something with a half-cab lorry that he has put another cab on and will sometime (hopefully) get a horsebox body on and sell it

cornish

• Karma Group
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2011, 04:56:45 AM »
ah its not that much work really, a land rover is like mechano, its all easy  HONESTLY  ;) ;)

probably best to just buy something that doesn't need all of that doing then, just the non time consuming stuff

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2011, 05:03:30 AM »
I've heard an awful lot of bad language coming from underneath our old Land Rover!

I know David wants another one so I guess it'll happen some day :)

cornish

• Karma Group
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2011, 05:09:55 AM »
thats all part of the land rover experience :)

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2011, 05:13:18 AM »
I guess so  ;D

I never hear that language when he's working on one of his bikes....