Author Topic: Gallery?  (Read 5251 times)

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Gallery?
« on: October 08, 2011, 06:11:52 PM »
With the great pics cornish posted I wondered if it would be worth starting a gallery thread where we can post pics?  I'm sure with the photo editing software any numberplates, faces etc could be blurred if necessary or wanted.
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Munchroom

• Karma Group
Re: Gallery?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 06:27:24 PM »
Sounds like a good idea  :) Would be a good place to share artwork and stuff and for those of us that are happy to, it'd be nice to out names to faces  :)
This too shall pass.

Ezel

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 07:16:36 PM »
I like the idea as well so will set up a new board for this  />.

cornish

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 07:48:09 PM »
sounds good to me, i like photography but lost a lot of my old photos and now i have no idea where my camera is or have any motivation to actually use it.  :(   a gallery will hopefully get me motivated and give me something to do again :)
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 07:53:51 PM »
It would be great if you could get out and take a few, it would be lovely to see them :)

cornish

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 08:11:07 PM »
It would be great if you could get out and take a few, it would be lovely to see them :)

i think im going to start with taking a few at work of some of what i see as interesting things, but in a few places im not allowed a camera :(  i can think of a few places where i can get on the roof n take a few nice shots
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 08:16:55 PM »
That sounds fantastic but dont get into trouble!

My hard drive packed up a couple of weeks ago but I knew it was on the way out so most of my pics are now on an external hard drive, I need to get them sorted and put on my new PC when I get a chance.

cornish

• Karma Group
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 01:20:04 AM »
the same thing happened to me, i had thousands of pics on my old pc till the hard drive died :( was gutted that they weren't backed up, now i back everything up

i wont get in trouble i have access to places that most staff in the buildings dont even know exist and in some places i have a master key :D

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 02:09:18 AM »
Its really sad to lose everything like that, fortunately I recognised the symptoms and backed up before it died.  I did consider putting all my pics on photobox or photobucket but never got round to it (rather like I've never got round to converting all my vinyl and tapes to CD), perhaps one day!

cornish

• Karma Group
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 02:13:26 AM »
Its really sad to lose everything like that, fortunately I recognised the symptoms and backed up before it died.  I did consider putting all my pics on photobox or photobucket but never got round to it (rather like I've never got round to converting all my vinyl and tapes to CD), perhaps one day!

vinyl ???? tapes ???   what are you on about???  :P

yeah i considered doing that too as i just end up uploading them again and again  ::)

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 02:17:38 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D just showing my age ;)

cornish

• Karma Group
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2011, 02:20:41 AM »
haha, i can just about remember vinyl. or did CD's just get a bit smaller :P

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2011, 02:30:44 AM »
It amazes me how quickly technology has advanced, I had my first mobile phone in the early 90's and it was the size of a small brick!

I think the first single I bought was in 1962 or 1963 and they cost 6/3d (old money), that would be around 31p in new money I think....

cornish

• Karma Group
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2011, 02:36:25 AM »
ok now you have genuinely lost me, old money is way before my time.

personally im a hater of phones, always have been and now anxiety doesn't help with that  ::)

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2011, 02:40:30 AM »
told you I was showing my age ;)

I have a bigger fear of getting lost or breaking down miles from anywhere than of phones, I got my mobile after I had a really scary experience doing both on one journey :(