Author Topic: This forum DOES help me because...  (Read 4546 times)

Lol

• Karma Group
This forum DOES help me because...
« on: September 21, 2011, 05:49:18 PM »
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for being so supportive at every turn. It is SO important to have a place like this that is safe and friendly and has a community of non-judgmental peers that just want to help or offer a shoulder to lean on. Even if some one is unable to advise, they always take the time to offer condolences and empathy in a supportive and non judgemental way. Some people are very creative and offer a different perspective, some people simply say 'you are not alone'.

The feeling of being alone and isolated is one of absolute terror and emptiness. If you don't know anyone in your circle of family and friends that has suffered from depression you can be held at arms length if you try to talk about it. You all smash that barrier and give each other the opportunity and freedom to say everything and anything and it not be judged, misunderstood, or dismissed.

You should ALL be very proud of yourselves that you are making a difference. You make a difference every day.

Thanks so much  *(*

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: This forum DOES help me because...
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 06:11:03 PM »
Lol, you give wonderful advice and support too so thank you too  &*(
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Lol

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 01:00:20 PM »
Today you have all inspired me to go and give my partner a big smacker (instead of a smack in the teeth  ;)) and tell her that she can lay anything on me as I am invincible.

This is largely because of the sadness that some people are in and their need for the unwavering comfort of another, however difficult that is for the other.

I was, of course, cruely rebuffed. But I am stronger because of you. Thank you.

Depina

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 11:33:49 PM »
Lol
That is so lovely, plus you give such good advice and encouragement.

Sorry a lot of you are so down at the moment, don't know what to say to help, Sorry you are so sad.

*(*

Lol

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 07:06:18 PM »
You give me courage to face another day

Lol

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 02:31:48 PM »
Even though we are all in different boats (mine's an old wooden rowing boat with a hole in the bottom) we are all on the same stormy sea.

Lol

• Karma Group
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 10:06:05 PM »
We get each other  :)

Pete

• Karma Group
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 10:19:45 PM »
This forum helps me because here I am noone and I am everyone. I am the happy pete, the sad pete the who the feck am I today pete. I am not judged nor do I fear being judged. I ask the questions and get the answers not from someone with a book or a degree in listening but by someoen who walks the same path. Its like a fun run where we all have the same goal, to reach the finishing line in one piece and without doing it alone. If we slow or fall I know one of us will stop and walk with us or pick us up and dust us off.
 Its a long and sometimes lonely journy is life but together its not that bad really. Thanks to all of you who help and put up with me, one day I will step up and be stronger and help dust off the next person.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 07:37:21 AM »
That really is beautifully put Pete, I'm sure one day you'll be supporting others too :)

Depina

• Karma Group
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 01:55:33 PM »
Pete
That is lovely
We understand each other and we can say how we feel without fear of anyone making funny comments etc, I do find it hard as I don't really have anyone to speak to, but on here I feel more at home.
I have been offered councelling again but not sure yet as last time it didn't work out for me !!

XXX

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 05:16:15 PM »
Its worth a try Depina, the first counsellor I got was an idiot and after the second session I could have cheerfully throttled him with my bare hands, other counsellors I've have been fantastic

xx
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 05:19:01 PM by Zaf »

Lol

• Karma Group
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 07:37:37 PM »
I could spend hours trying to explain to some one else what I'm going through but to you I can pen something at 5past and by 10past you understand!

At quarter past you have comforted me

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 08:58:18 PM »
 &*(

Depina

• Karma Group
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2011, 01:06:17 PM »
Thats lovely Lol
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Pete

• Karma Group
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 12:03:38 AM »
This forum helps because even in my darkest moments when the only person I feel is left to talk to are the samaritans yet i feelunable to i know that by logging into here I am not alone. I dont ave to speak, I dont have to do anything but read the words written here and somehow I know there is someone who understands the torment, frustration and feeling that life is a cul de sac and im trapped wit the snarling rabid dog of depression biting at my heels. Just when I feel there is no escape one of you opens the door to safety. For this I thank you. please leave the door on the catch though will you as i'm in and out like a yoyo of late  ;D "£$