Author Topic: A bit new at this........Don't know what to do??  (Read 2346 times)

gazzag73

A bit new at this........Don't know what to do??
« on: March 25, 2013, 06:05:27 PM »
Hi, I have nearly hit the big 40, Very low self confidence, dreading my birthday and just so low at the moment  :(

Catbrian

Re: A bit new at this........Don't know what to do??
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 06:10:54 PM »
I'm just about to turn the big 50, but thankfully, I still have enough faculties to remember turning 40.  They say life begins at 40  :o

Welcome to the Forum.  I hope you enjoy!

Cat 0158

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 06:19:05 PM »
Ah just wait till you're 50 (+  :bgrin: ) and then you can blame your behaviour on your age  0062 ..... well that's my excuse.

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 08:35:26 PM »
Hello and welcome  :bye:. I started with depression when I reached 40, now 2 years away from 50. Depression can hit us at any age.

S x x x x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Michael Frankum

• Karma Group
  • Rest in peace 27th Noverber 2012
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 11:00:20 PM »
Gazzag, when you have problems like this, we sometimes focus on a date or an event. Have you spoken to your GP about how you are feeling? Talking can help, and of course by posting here, people can offer support, understanding and often valid insight into ideas for proceeding. (They don't just waffle in an aimless fashion as I do!) Best wishes.

And for the rest of you - Is this another wind-up? All you youngsters in the first flush of youth, all rubbing my aged nose in it.

stewart

• Global Moderator
    • Lady Lynne
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 03:22:14 PM »
Hi gazzag, welcome to the forums.

i can understand your dread of age. i hate birthdays 55th one coming this year Aggggg
Without Love we are just a handfull of chemicals suspended in water

Metaxa

• Karma Group
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 04:43:37 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

I hit 40 last year and had always thought nothing of it, just a number etc. But did find the closer I got to it that it did play on my mind a little as people I knew used to comment about it. As it was, it was just another day in the end for me. Guess I was lucky in 1 way as a friend of mine was 40 a month before so we did talk (jokingly) about it. He's a musician and I suggested he release his own best of album as he'd been in a few bands and done solo stuff for 20 years, in the end he said he'd do it for his 50th as had just started a new band lol. Sorry if I'm rambling on but I can be like that sometimes..... Especially where music is concerned lol

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 05:31:02 PM »
Hi and welcome  *()  I have to admit that in November I hit 57  :o :o :o  and I'm dreading 60 but I hope to grow old disgracefully  0158

Some days it worries me, some days it doesnt

Z xxx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

musicken

• Karma Group
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 01:52:02 PM »
Hi.

Welcome :)

I went through similar feelings when I hit 30; I remember the feelings of despair as if it were only yesterday, though I wish it were.  When I hit 40 I didn't really care as much, mainly because I was focussed on other things at the time.  I find that distracting myself often works.