Author Topic: A quick hello  (Read 1660 times)

solo

• Karma Group
  • One day I'll discover who I really am
A quick hello
« on: March 09, 2012, 11:53:16 PM »
Hi everyone,

I've been staring at this screen for a while now, not knowing where to start... I suppose it's because I don't know why I have depression. How can everything be so right but also be so wrong???

I've been diagnosed for 5 years now and been on and off medication. I started back on the meds 5 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for them to take full effect. I'm starting to wonder whether I will ever beat this thing! Not the best thought to have I suppose if I want to get better.

My doctor keeps telling me that I need to tell friends and family how I am feeling so that they can understand what I'm going through but I'm not sure that I want everyone to know my deepest darkest thoughts. My friends think I'm ok because I hide my tears behind a fake smile. I feel like I can't confide in anyone. I'm cutting myself off from everyone around me. How can I expect people to like me if I don't like myself? I feel like such a burden

S x

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Re: A quick hello
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 05:16:53 AM »
Hi solo,  I dont think there always has to be a reason why we become depressed, I found counselling in conjunction with the medication works best for me, it might be worth asking your GP if he/she can arrange some for you

Z xxx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Buttercup

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 07:17:15 AM »
Hi Solo

I can easily identify with your post, most people I know don't know how I feel, I just do the act. :)

People on here are lovely, understand and really help. :) :)

Ezel

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 08:23:11 AM »
 .>,

nicmci

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 12:40:25 PM »
Hi there hope you get the support we all deserve from this sitex
Depression is a part of me . Its not all me! X

solo

• Karma Group
  • One day I'll discover who I really am
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 01:29:47 PM »
Thank you everyone for your comments. Everyone seems so friendly on this site. I hope to post more soon xx

KateG

• Karma Group
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 04:31:46 PM »
Hi solo and welcome, this forum is really supportive and you don't have to hide your tears here

Kate x

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 07:05:18 PM »
Hello and  .>, to the forum,

We are a really friendly bunch  :).

S x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Rycing

• Karma Group
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 10:57:20 AM »
Hi Solo and  .>,

I too have hidden things from my friends and only told them afterwards, when I have felt stronger. One or 2 close friends were quite hurt I hadn't shared it and said they would have been there for me....and will be anytime. Just knowing that helped.

I know it's embarrassing and none of us like to admit to this to those we love......but you don't have to go into detail either......you might want to just mention that life's a bit difficult right now......and that takes the onus off you onto external factors. If they ask more than you are willing to share, you might want to just say "I can't really go into it all right now". This has worked for me-as people don't tend to pry further than you want to talk.

For me, part of the fear of sharing was the fear they would then know all my innermost thoughts/weaknesses etc.

&*(  for you. x