Other Depression & Anxiety Related Illneses > Personality Disorders

Went to the personality provision today

<< < (2/2)

Catbrian:
I'm pleased you're positive about all that, sounds like you're making good progress

captainkeefy:
Yeah, he did say that I have traits. The therapy that I was looking at doing, I think it was too deep for me. I don't think I'd get anything out of it to be honest

Pip:
It does help though just to be able to talk and be able to start doing things that can help

captainkeefy:
I agree, it is good to talk to people. However, the type of Therapy that was being offered I don't feel I would get any benefit from. For example I don't feel I could contribute to group Therapy that was discussing self harm. It is not something I have an issue with, I felt as places where limited that I would rather someone else had the choice to join this group who would really benefit from this type of supportive environment, after all I get any validation I'm looking for from you guys here   :hug: 0158.

I have been transferred back to C.B.T. and my T there is absolutely blown away by my progress. I was discussing a situation that arose with my Wife and I talked the whole thing through with my T. His reply was "That's very good. Not only have you dealt with as situation which would obviously trigger your fear of abandonment, you have also been assertive but in no way aggressive. You accepted your Wife had the right to make the choice she did, you also decided that you had the right to a different opinion and withheld your values, while respecting your Wife's decision and respected her values as an individual." He said he was really pleased with the progress I've made. He has also reduced my appointments, I get the impression this might be with the view to me being discharged. 0158         

Catbrian:
I'm pleased to hear everything is going well for you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version