Depression Related Forums > S.A.D.

Light therapy

(1/2) > >>

bookletters:
I know light therapy is for SAD sufferers but was just wondering if anyone had any positive experience of it for depression?

Catbrian:
I haven't but I think Zaf has experience of using one.

I TRY to combat some of the winter blues by getting up just as it's getting light and taking in as much of the days natural light.  I'm usually outdoors with the dog quite a bit and I think that helps.  Of course, it doesn't completely banish the blues, but every wee bit help, eh?

Another suggestion is Vitamin D (I think D), which is what the body naturally produces from sunlight (I think!).  I thought I might give that a try this year

bookletters:
Wow, sounds good Cat!
Sally Brampton (in her book "Shoot the Damn Dog" on treatment-resistant depression) said her psychiatrist recommended omega 3 1000 EPA every day (I do that).
I take vitamin B complex too as they are good to keep the nervous system in good shape too apparently....

Zaf:
Personally I found it difficult sitting still long enough for a light box to help much but I wouldnt want to be without my light clock.

I too try to be outside whenever possible during the daylight hours and am using vitimin D supplements again this year.

Z xxx

bookletters:
Do you suffer from SAD Zaf or do you use it just for general low mood / depression?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version