Author Topic: Hip replacements?  (Read 1537 times)

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
Hip replacements?
« on: March 14, 2012, 08:47:56 AM »
I was just wondering if anyone had any knowledge about the op, the recovery, likely complications and how well they work,  OH's hip has at last been deemed bad enough to have his hip replaced when he feels its necessary and I think he is going to put it off for longer than he should because of worrying about complications etc.

Z x
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
Re: Hip replacements?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 09:02:17 AM »
My mum had a hip replacement just over a year ago, she has had 2 replacement knees too, we call her bionic woman  ;D. She was in so much pain with her hip before the op, the pain was mainly in her groin, so at first she did not know it was her hip.  But since the op she is a new woman.  She was in pain straight after the op, but thats understandable.  She was in for 3 days and managed the stairs at home when she got home, her bedroom is upstairs.  She was told she could not drive for 6 weeks until she had follow up check, but this is normal. 

S x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Zaf

• Banned
  • Super Hero
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 09:11:19 AM »
thanks shaz, I think he's worried about possible complications etc so its nice to be able to tell him of someone that had a good experience :)

Z xx
Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 01:15:08 PM »
A male friend of our family has also had a hip replacement and his went fine too.  I know all mum would advise is ti listen to the physio and do the simple exercises they give.  She said it really helped her with botn hip and knee replacements.

S x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.