Other Depression & Anxiety Related Illneses > Bereavement

My mum

<< < (2/3) > >>

melaniejm:
Thanks Pip and Craig.
It is ironic that I similarly had a sick mum for a long time. She had emphysema and that last week she just knew. I think because I witnessed it I've battled. I went to my GP yesterday and have started new meds and will begin therapy. All because of this site. I have to control and master my panic attacks again. Jodie (my little girl) is my reason for being; so I need to realize that she needs me to give her happy childhood memories and not ones of mum sad and crying. I really, really hope these new meds work. Thank you for your stories too. If I am not careful I will lose Jodie so my determination is there. Sweaty palms just typing this. Thanks again guys xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Mel

craig84:
 :happy0158: glad you've gained the strength to get help, for some that's the hardest step but your on your way. Jodie is lucky to have a mum so determined to give the best she can for her daughter!

my mums health has been getting worse over the years, its managed by medication at the moment but I still worry. she has a lot on  her plate right now so im trying to support her where I can.

I've read of some people saying the meds they are on have made such a difference but for me its balance, the anti depressents help rebuild the chemical serotonin in your brain which in my case I rarely notice but with therapy and support they all work together to help me stay on an even keel and "cope" with life... unfortunately I am only on meds at the moment but am waiting for therapy like you... writing on here helps so much for me! without it i'd feel so alone because I don't really have any support other than here. people know I suffer with depression but just brush it off as its so widespread now I think people reckon im just using it as an excuse which does make it harder to deal with.

stay strong Mel !! were here when you need us!

Pip:
Yes, children are a good reason to live.  Jodie will be proud of you for doing something to help yourself.   

briscounsellor:
Time will help to heal and your emotions are natural. It is important that you have someone you can talk to so that your emotions are not bottled up.

Both of my partners parents died in a short space of time, one quite tragically. The emotions were very intense for the first couple of years and many tears were cried. My partner felt that reality had become distant.  Due to my partners age people would often ask about the parents, assuming them to be alive. I could see the pain this caused.

Time will heal. You can and will get through this as difficult as it may seem.

briscounsellor:
Do something to remember her on the day. Talk to others and remember the positives. Light a candle, cry...

I would be happy knowing when I have passed away that people will remember about me, talk about me and take a moment to think about me,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version