Author Topic: Meds Scenario and their consequences  (Read 3134 times)

lostmyway

• Karma Group
Meds Scenario and their consequences
« on: January 01, 2014, 08:01:05 PM »
hi all

Its funny when bank holidays come along and i forget to renew my prescription again.  I have been without my cipralex for 3 days and my head is banging again, with increased levels of anxiety etc as i would normally expect.  I wish i didnt have to take the things if i was honest.  So it will be 4 days without.  They only supply 1 box which to be honest isnt enough.  It's no fun feeling the way I do now, and have nobody to get me out of it again, but here i am putting on a happyface for the sake of it.  Christmas came and went, my mother didnt even bother to putup a tree, wasnt really interested.  And now i face 2014 with the same uncertainty and everything else going thru my mind.  I hope it gets better oneday.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: Meds Scenario and their consequences
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 07:13:06 PM »
I've had issues with my prescription since we moved and my short term memory isn't great so It's been a bit of a nightmare remembering to get repeats even though the problem with my medication did get sorted out before Christmas. I needed to get my repeat today so I am thankful I remembered.  I do understand how you feel though.

lostmyway

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 10:12:38 PM »
Hi Pip

Thanks for the reply.  I refilled the meds and am okay, but it seems i never want to go out anywhere, but that's partly because i am on my todd most of the time.  I seem to be either on this PC or watching TV thesedays.  I am pretty introverted in all honesty, its just in me how I am.

Whoever says being without a job is a lifestyle choice needs their backsides kicking. Fun it aint.  Who would choose to live like that? Not me.

ParsnipPierre

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 10:20:51 PM »
Your local pharmacy should offer a repeat prescription service where they order them for you each month to prevent you forgetting or running out.  Plus if a bank holiday clashes with when your meds are due they should bring the due date forward.
PP
"Don’t depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness"