Other Depression & Anxiety Related Illneses > Bereavement

Loss of a son

<< < (2/3) > >>

Catbrian:
When he's ready, he can always approach a drug and alcohol project.  I'm sure most projects will take self-referrals.  There are trained workers there that will help him find a way out of this.  But, it's got to be when he's ready, otherwise it will never work.  Maybe hoping for change right now is pointless.  All the pain and confusion and then to have the "complications" from autism on top of that, must be really difficult.

Sorry, I seem to have missed what is happening with your daughter.  You've got a lot on your plate, eh?

Grandma:
I reckon I have serving bowls going on Cat!

My daughter woke up at 15yrs old and couldn't weight bear and has rapidly deteriorated since! They did a load of genetic tests and identified that I have, and she and my children inherited a condition called Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.  She and my son have severe autonomic involvement and are both palliative care patients!

My other daughter and I have EDS but in a much milder form without the autonomic system failure.

I stumble along with great difficulty, particularly as my daughter no longer talks to me ( she is very angry and blames me for her prognosis at the moment)! I do too though the rational bit of me knows that is nonsense!

Big hugs xxx

Catbrian:
Oh, you do have a lot going on, Grandma.  I hope your daughter see's sense soon, this condition is no one's fault

Pip:
I am sorry that I missed this thread.  Life can be very cruel at times.  With regards to your grandson it's even harder as you didn't have the privilege of having him in your life.  I hope your son gets to a point that he will let his GP help more.

Grandma:
Thank you everyone for the kind thoughts, it's such a hard one to accept and come to terms with. I am hopi ng that my son  be able to deal with it all, but I don't think that I can do a huge amount for him, in part because he wants to do it alone and in part because I'm not well enough myself.

Does life ever get any easier? I am so tired of the constant run of bad luck / bad news. Tomorrow is the anniversary of my Mum's death. I haven't grieved for her yet. Perhaps if I hang on I can do one massive mourn? She died a year ago tomorrow. The funeral was exactly what she would have wanted but I hated it, it was like being in a goldfish bowl with tents and overflow rooms into the village hole as and video links. The wake was worse, hundreds of people, photographers, jazz band the lot. I was supposed to meet and greet but hid most of the time. I just wanted a quiet time to say goodbye quietly, not some circus.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version