Other Depression & Anxiety Related Illneses > Personality Disorders

A BPD Wobler

<< < (2/2)

Catbrian:
That's a nice piece of advice, Capt.  A day later, and I can see the comment for exactly what it was, this is a huge learning curve.

I must confess to being a little confused with the Punitive parent theory.  I might need to watch that video clip again 0158

Catbrian:
Just watched the video again.  What threw me the last time was the bloke himself!  I found when he reverted from the client to therapist, it was almost like watching two entirely different people.

Anyway, I now understand the theory, which is a bit similar to Transaction analysis.  I will keep it in mind, hopefully it might help to process the mood swings

captainkeefy:
I've spotted a few of them in myself. Mainly the punitive parent and the abandoned child. I found that I noticed them in hindsight at first but then I started paying attention to the moods and emotions that are connected to them all. Everyone has these modes. The thing is, usually your healthy adult mode controls these other modes with the long term objective in mind. I think when you have a PD the emotions are so strong they over ride the adult mode. Think about the angry child, how many angry people are there out there? Personally I believe being angry is a trait of a PD because as an adult you are capable of controlling your temper but its okay not too. However thinking in black and white and acting clingy is not exceptable behaviour. As far as I'm concerned they are both coping methods for feeling vulnerable (abandoned child TRIGGER!) abandoned child is surrendering to the situation 'I can't deal with my problem, you fix it?' The other is an over compensation 'it's not fair, I won't be treated like this.' Angry child is triggered.

craig84:
ive read a book on transactional analysis and found it quite useful even just from gaining an understanding of it.
Im interested in the videos could you post a link please?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version