Other Depression & Anxiety Related Illneses > Personality Disorders

My diagnosis

(1/6) > >>

captainkeefy:
Hi all,

Been to see the psychiatrist and she has diagnosed avoidant personality disorder. Don't know what to do with that just yet.

Catbrian:
That's interesting.  Are you surprised with the Avoidant? I imagine your head is reeling today.  I hope you're doing okay.  Let us know how things are

captainkeefy:
I did say say a while ago that I saw myself as comorbid histrionic and avoidant. Then I think about her saying in the last appointment that the histrionic thing is an over compensation for my true feelings. She handed me the ICD 10, the first one I've held. Don't think it's going to be my last  ;) . I'll get back to the wink in a sec!

Overall I'm in a really good mood. I agree with the diagnosis in a way but I've never really read about cluster c disorders. I'm not going to either, I'm going to get stuck into therapy instead. My psychiatrist is really good, she finishes sentences off because she knows exactly what I'm going to say.

I'm going to jump on my computer to finish this post.....

captainkeefy:
So anyway (on my computer now) I was talking to my Psychiatrist (I'm going to use the term Pdoc from now on.) we were talking about possible jobs and she said "I think the window cleaning is good for you because you can be alone when you want and speak to people when you want." I replied "Actually, I don't like being on my own ever really. I would rather work with other people. Plus I'd like to think I was more intelligent than a window cleaner." She laughed and said "Yes, you are very intelligent..." I continued by saying " You know in my last job I really enjoyed logically working out problems and fixing machines that where broken, the main bit I enjoyed was teaching the other lads how to fix the problems themselves." Then she said "You should go to university and study a technical trade, We have people come into the Psychiatric hospital I work in. They teach the patients new skills. I could see you doing something like that." Then I said "Actually I'm fascinated by Psychology, I'd love to become a Therapist." My Pdoc said "I could see you being a fantastic Therapist, you would be very empathetic because you have been through things yourself and you would speak from the heart instead the textbook." So I said "Yeah, they have a course running in a few weeks. I was thinking of doing it." Then she said "Well when does the course start? In a few weeks, well make an appointment. I want to see you in a few weeks to make sure you are on the course."

Buttercup:
All sounds really positive  0158

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version