Author Topic: my wife has clinical depression.  (Read 9298 times)

Lol

• Karma Group
Re: my wife has clinical depression.
« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2012, 05:48:05 PM »
Imagine Rachel on a high wire. As a depression sufferer she has very little balance compared to a 'normal' person (whatever that is) and even the gentlest breeze will knock her off and she will fall right to the bottom and on to the safety net below. Once down, she will be frightened from the fall, angry with whatever knocked her off, and angry with her own lack of balance. She will need cuddling while she gets her balance, a trustworthy ear that hears her fears and that they are real to her, that shares her frustration and feeling of 'unfairness' with the thing that knocked her off and her lack of balance, and some one who will give her a hand up if its appropriate, or simply be present whilst she does it herself.

Until she is up, back up the ladder and on the wire again, you will either be speaking Chinese, or taking her legs from under her as she tries to get up if you try to introduce something else she would have to contemplate. If she tried, it would be like strapping her legs together and expecting her to do the same thing again.

I think it is a lovely idea. A brilliant idea. But you will probably need to sit on it with bated breath until you can see she is back on her feet again.

This is such a difficult journey for you Tarle, I feel for you so much. You are doing so well and willing to learn so much.
I'm sorry I think I overdid it on the figures of speach front.  :-\

tarle1976

• Karma Group
« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2012, 06:08:58 PM »
No your words are great but its her idea .I didn't think she could cope.my bad its the way I type it. Lol u should all come round for dinner lol

Lol

• Karma Group
« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2012, 06:25:38 PM »
Then go with it if it's what she wants! At least she isn't wanting to move in on her own which is what my partner did!!!

Can you imagine!!!!!!   :D :D :D :D :D :D (the dinner party)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 07:07:03 PM by Lol »

tarle1976

• Karma Group
« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2012, 07:00:56 PM »
Unfortunately yes .different story and fiancie.but yeah I just wondered didn't want to over load her but have to admite the cuddles and listening are doing wonders.sad to say its made me think I was not doing enough.I say we never had time together but I could have sat with her in bed when she was tired after the thirode problem started so lesson learned.LOL I know its no conciliation but as u said u could only do  your best.

Lol

• Karma Group
« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2012, 07:09:00 PM »
This is all a lesson we are ALL still learning. don't feel bad for that. You will make some mistakes but you will always learn from them if your heart is in the right place and yours is.

Glen53

• Karma Group
« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2012, 07:28:25 PM »
Exactly as Lol says. Hang in there. Its a tough long road we are all on and it can be hard to see things clearly some days. just remember we are here to support each other during those times.
Crazy like a fish.

tarle1976

• Karma Group
« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2012, 01:50:51 PM »
Right now we are looking for a little dog.this is bonkers lol

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2012, 06:52:58 PM »
All I can say is my girls (dogs) are great and help keep me going.  You can tell them anything (and I do lol) and they don't judge just love.

S x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

tarle1976

• Karma Group
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2012, 06:55:13 PM »
She seems her old self all of a sudden except when the advert on Tele comes on she is reminded but hay Toby the tiny puppy has made Rachel very happy.fingers crossed

Sweetpea

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2012, 07:18:32 PM »
Thats good hope things stay positive.

S x
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Lol

• Karma Group
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2012, 08:46:18 PM »
that's good you seem to have given her something to focus on that has elevated her mood. What advert on the TV are you refering to, I didn't quite understand that bit of your post?