Author Topic: Summerland  (Read 4009 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Summerland
« on: October 06, 2023, 07:41:04 AM »
To start at the beginning, Steve was rushed to hospital after falling over in the bathroom and being unable to get up so spent a good 8 hours on the floor until I came down the next morning and contacted the emergency services.  I was told right then that "if he made it out of hospital he would have to have one of his toes amputated".

Steve had never been religious in his life and we got married in a register office because neither of us were Christian so didn't see the point getting married in a Church when neither of us were Christian.

The day before he died, his sister and I were told that he was "the sickest patient on the ward right now and it's not looking good, so you need to prepare yourselves for the worst".

He was in hospital for 11 days and seemed to be recovering very gradually, but I always kept the words of the medical bod in my mind.

About a week later at about 5.15pm I got a call from the hospital to say that Steve was seriously struggling and that there was a very good chance that he wasn't gonna last much longer so I should get to the hospital asap.

When Steve's sister was contacted by the hospital (at my request - she was my only means of transport) with the same information, she immediately drove over to pick me up and we rushed there.

It was rush hour so we were stuck in a (small) traffic jam at the worst possible time.

Steve was never into "all that psychic rubbish that you like" so when he contacted me psychically for the first time in our relationship of about 26 years and asked me to hurry up because he really couldn't hold on much longer, I gave permission, psychically, for Steve to cross over literally 5 minutes before we arrived at the hospital and in those 5 minutes he went from being alive to being dead.  I knew the instant that he crossed over because I felt an immense amount of peace wash over me.

I know it was the right thing to do, but the point of this post is to just confirm with a fellow Pagan that Summerland really is real and that even unbelievers (like Steve was) are welcomed.  I also know that Steve was met by his family and our dog, Mitzi, whose death he never really came to terms with, he just hid it from everyone.

I also know that my Deities (Gaia and the Green Man) are real because they guide me through every day and I spend so much more time talking to them and thanking them now.

Steve is still healing and learning and decompressing over in Summerland, but he and Mitzi have promised to be there waiting for me when it's my time to cross over too.

Summerland is real.  Death isn't the end forever.
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: Summerland
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2023, 07:50:57 PM »
My beliefs are different to yours but I do believe there is an afterlife where our souls go to for eternity.  I've often joked that if dogs don't go to heaven when they pass on I want to go to where they are, however, I do believe I will see them (my previous dogs) again one day and my cats.

It's an important part of your grieving and moving forwards so you can learn to cope in the future.

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Re: Summerland
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2023, 07:03:02 AM »
Thank you Pip.

Dogs definitely go to Summerland, as do all animals and they meet you and welcome you as you cross over!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.