Author Topic: Aussie who claims he is Charles and Camilla's lovechild says it is 'a kick ....  (Read 4348 times)

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11210803/Aussie-claims-Charles-Camillas-lovechild-upset-William-named-Prince-Wales.html

Aussie who claims he is Charles and Camilla's lovechild says it is 'a kick in the face' to see William named Prince of Wales and insists he will bring legal action to prove his heritage despite Queen's death

Simon Charles Dorante-Day is insistent that royals should submit to DNA testing
    Queensland-based engineer believes King Charles and Camilla are his parents
    Mr Dorante-Day said it was a 'kick in the face' to William named Prince of Wales
    He vowed to continue his fight alongside lawyers to prove his relation to the King of England
    Full coverage: Click here to see all our coverage of the Queen’s passing

By David Averre For Mailonline and Tita Smith For Daily Mail Australia

Published: 10:28, 14 September 2022 | Updated: 13:18, 14 September 2022

A British-born Aussie who believes he is the lovechild of King Charles III and Queen consort Camilla has said it is a 'kick in the face' to see William named as the Prince of Wales.  Queensland-based engineer Simon Charles Dorante-Day, 56, was adopted at eight months old and maintains that his adoptive grandmother told him on her deathbed that he was the 'secret son' of Charles and Camilla.  He has for years spoken of his desire for the royals submit to a DNA test to prove his genetic heritage and has even sought senior legal advice after a letter penned to the Queen speaking of his plight was not dignified with a response.  'It's hard not to take Charles naming William as the Prince of Wales as anything other than a kick in the face,' Mr Dorante-Day told News7.

'I don't want to feel that way, but I do. I just think, the least Charles can do is give me an answer acknowledge me. He gives William a title like that, well where's my answer? Where's my DNA test? If you are not my father, then prove you're not.'

The Aussie also reaffirmed his commitment to pursuing legal action in an attempt to force the King into a paternity test.  'There has been a discussion in there between a judge and myself and his barrister about the legal standing of Charles, and whether the monarch is protected by the law or is above the law,' Mr Dorante-Day explained.

'And the answer to that was no they told me that we don't see any reason why he is. And secondly, Camilla and her family are certainly not above the law. So that argument's alreadyeen had and settled.'

Mr Dorante-Day was born in Portsmouth, UK, on April 5, 1966 and was adopted at eight months old before his family later settled in Australia.   Both of Mr Dorante-Day's adoptive grandparents had worked for the Queen and Prince Philip in one of their royal households and he claims his adoptive grandmother told him he was the son of Charles and Camilla.  Mr Dorante-Day's case alleges King Charles and Queen consort Camilla began their close relationship in 1965, a year before his birth certificate says he was born.  He claims that Queen consort Camilla was absent from the British social scene and King Charles was sent on a trip to Australia nine months before he was born.  Mr Dorante-Day insists that Camilla kept him until he was eight months old, hiding him from the world with the help of the royal family and protection officers, and claims to have been told it was a condition of the adoption that his names Simon and Charles were not changed.  However by eight months he was growing too big to hide and it was arranged for the daughter of a royal household staff member Mr Dorante-Day's adoptive grandmother to take him under her care.  Mr Dorante-Day believes inconsistencies on his birth certificate and his name also prove he is of royal blood.  But his timeline of events contradicts official records that say the new King and Camilla met each other five years after Mr Dorante-Day's birth.  Mr Dorante-Day claimed his research suggests Charles and Camilla first became close in 1965, meeting at Winston Churchill's funeral in January of that year.   However, Charles and Camilla are widely reported to have met at a polo match in Windsor Great Park in 1970.  Legend has it that she introduced herself with the line: 'You know, sir, my great-grandmother was the mistress of your great-great-grandfather so how about it?' - reference to Edward VII and his mistress, Alice Keppel.

She eventually married Charles in 2005, 10 years after her divorce from Andrew Parker Bowles in 1995.  Mr Dorante-Day last week shared a tribute to his supposed grandmother in the wake of Queen Elizabeth II's death.  He said his daughter Meriam told him Her Majesty had died when he woke up on Friday.  Like everyone on the planet it would be hard not to be affected and saddened by her passing,' he wrote.

'Since finding out about the loss of my grandmother aka Lilibet, I've been inundated with messages of condolence for the loss. Thank you all for your kind words, thoughts, and concern.'

Mr Dorante-Day said the death of the monarch also marked the loss of him 'pleasantly' being able to get to the bottom of his biological heritage after she never responded to a letter he wrote to her.  However, he vowed to continue his efforts to try and determine conclusively that the new sovereign and his wife are his true parents.  As many of you have expressed my family and I are mourning not just the loss of Her Majesty but the loss of another opportunity to resolve this issue pleasantly, the right way,' he said.

'So, despite the lost opportunity of getting to personally hear her version of events, and the great sadness we all feel at her passing, on a personal and public scale it will be business as usual.'

The father-of-nine said he feels the Queen is now 'free' to do what she wishes in the afterlife without any judgement 'like she had her entire reign' and that she has now been 'reunited with her greatest love and closest friend', the late Duke of Edinburgh.  He said that he does not think she would want anyone to feel sad for her, and instead 'she would rather we all celebrate and remember her for what she stood for and the changes that she was able to make during her reign'.

As they mourn, Mr Dorante-Day, whose wife Elvianna and children are Indigenous Australians, said his family would be partaking in sacred Aboriginal cultural practices.  'Together we are all entering a period of what First Nations Australians would define as 'Sorry Business' as we all experience this loss!' he said.

'No matter what your feelings, political alignments, religious belief, or convictions - she has been a part of all of our lives for a lifetime. Elizabeth touched each and every one of us.  Dr. Elvianna, the family, and I would appreciate people's understanding and respect that we too are experiencing Sorry Business, for our own reasons, in our own way.  'Rest in peace Aka, you are in God's hands now, I know in me I will always carry a piece of you.'