Author Topic: Pip Award Review  (Read 1747 times)

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Pip Award Review
« on: January 22, 2021, 04:07:51 PM »
I knew I would be getting my new PIP award review form recently as Rick has had his and phone call as they're not f-2-f reviews.  Anyway I got the form, filled it out then sent it as it had to be back by today but then I got a reminder letter to get it sent back the other day.  So ... I rang up and after about being on hold for 45 minutes due to high volumne of calls I got told they got the form on the 10th January and the letter was just a cross over and to ignore it  :bash:  .

Now I just wait for the dreaded phone call although I'm expecting to lose both PIP and Motability as I was put on the enhanced rate in 2014 then they were dropped to standard in 2017 even though the panel agreed my health and mobility were worse  ::) .

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Re: Pip Award Review
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 08:19:09 AM »
If your claim *is* rejected, get onto your local CAB about it and fight it all the way!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 12:08:26 PM »
I will do this time and I should have taken the matter  further last time, still a miracle could happen this time and I may end up better off  :-\

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 10:15:37 AM »
My CAB have been brilliant and have got in touch with one of the lawyers at Bristol Law Centre who is fighting in my corner too and because I'm entitled to Legal Aid it'll be free and the lawyer is fighting for Enhanced rate of both for me... it's taken 18 months so far, but it'll hopefully be worth it!  You can do it Pip, and the sooner you can get your CAB involved in your claim, the sooner you will have people on your side and fighting in your corner for you!

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2021, 10:54:24 AM »
I will be glad when I know when the telephone appoointment will be.

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2021, 04:59:17 PM »
Be prepared for it to be at *very* short notice (as in 2 days between getting the letter and the actual call) and them not calling when they say they will.  Have all your paperwork ready in front of you and be prepared for them to try and confuse you and trip you up.  It's tough going, but you can get through it, Pip!