Author Topic: Taking part in COVID-19 research  (Read 1373 times)

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Taking part in COVID-19 research
« on: September 16, 2020, 05:14:37 PM »
I recently recieved a letter asking if I wanted to take part in COVID-19 in home antibody testing research study - random people selected from a list of people who have a gp.  So I went online to register and was one of the 'lucky ones'  ;) to be accepted and got the kit yesterday.  This morning I did the test which consists of a pinprick test with the blood going on a test strip and leaving for 10 -15 minutes for the result.  It's not 100% accurate but I'm still okay about this as it may help. 

My result is negative and I have completed the questionaire which involves general stuff such as what type of home I have, if I'm employed, unemployed etc.  I clicked the disabled/long term ill for that and for other questions such as certain conditions - about 10 - so I was very good and clicked on depression, high blood pressure and anxiety.  I've copied and pasted some links after I finished the questionaire as well.

The research is being done by the Imperial College London and Ipsos Mori on behalf of the Department of Health and Social Care   

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Re: Taking part in COVID-19 research
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 06:16:43 PM »
Thank you for taking part in the research, Pip, I'd love to do it too but haven't been picked  :sSig_aaargh:
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.