Author Topic: Major anxiety over PIP court hearing  (Read 13235 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Major anxiety over PIP court hearing
« on: September 02, 2020, 07:02:14 AM »
Usually I can keep my anxiety under control so that it barely bothers me, but I've got a court hearing about my PIP appeal at 2pm today and my anxiety has been building more and more over the last week or so and it's now through the roof and there's no way I can dampen it down now.

What if I have a panic attack while I'm on the phone to them?

What if I forget something vitally important?

What if I tell them what I'm like on a rare good day as opposed to what I'm like every day?

What if I don't get awarded it?  Am I allowed to apply again?  How soon?

What if I'm so anxious that I throw up?

What if I tell them that I'm fine and that I agree with the assessors descriptions when in reality, the only thing I agree with in the entire report is that I had Facebook up on my screen while he or she (can't even remember their gender now!) was here?

What if Steve falls asleep when I need him to be awake?

What if someone comes to the door while I'm on the phone to them?

What if Mitzi needs to go outside while I'm talking to them?

What if the phone's battery doesn't last for the entire hearing?

What if they believe the assessor over me 'cos he or she is a professional and I'm not?
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
Re: Major anxiety over PIP court hearing
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 03:34:14 PM »
Just finished the call... wasn't good, but not as bad as I was thinking either.  Apparently I'll get the decision letter in the post within the next 7 days, so keep yer fingers crossed for me pretty please?!

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 08:09:55 PM »
I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to respond to you this morning as I could have given pointers to refer to when you had your call although if you get the type who play down your disabilities it's difficult to help.  When I had my last assessment in 2017 my physical health was worse, I needed more help and my mental health was worse than it had been in 2014.  Despite that I went down from enhanced PIP and Mobility to the standard rate.  I did appeal and whilst the panel agreed my health was worse and I needed more help they stood their ground and it stayed on the standard rate.  When I have my next assessment I will be putting on the form that I feel I will be wasting my time as my health is getting progressively worse which will probably stop both even though they will be able to see for themselves.  I'm expecting both benefits to stop which will make me feel worse as I can't drive so much these days due to my joints.

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 10:35:46 AM »
Thank you Pip.  It was hard going but the three people were patient and supportive, so hopefully I'll get *something*!  They didn't play down my disabilities or rush me or anything like that, but as soon as I finished the call I suddenly remembered loads of things I could have said lol  Always the way with me lol

Might be worth taking the PIP renewal form to your local CAB with you... I had support from a lovely CAB lady since my renewal was turned down and she knew exactly how to phrase things that I didn't - I couldn't have got this far without her!

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 07:03:15 PM »
Sorry 'bout being on a downer and the whole system is stupid, stewart, lives opposite us and his mobility is much better than mine generally as it's crushed discs in his back that causes problems and he has problems with one of his ankles.  He gets the enhanced rate of mobility yet I have problems with my hands, right wrist (lost 20% movement about 30 years ago due to an accident), both hips, both knees and both ankles plus I have a trapped nerve in my lower back but I get the standard rate.  I wish somebody could explain why someone with much better mobility than me gets the enhanced rate but I get the standard rate.  I asked this at my appeal but they dodged the question so I no longer have any faith in the system.  What adds insult to injury is that I was the one who filled out his form in the first place - he used to be on DLA - he fouled up on assessment for several reasons though.  Anyway my husband went to the appeal with him and got the decision reversed. 

I am hoping that all goes well for you though as I know you have your own health problems.  The system is there to help us but the problem is with some of the staff so it doesn't matter that a person can prove their health is worse if the panel don't want to accept it you're stuffed.

All I can do is see what happens next time.

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2020, 07:51:35 AM »
I'm so sorry that you weren't treated better with your application and that you didn't get what you feel you should have got.  It's the same with us though, Steve got his renewal accepted straight away using just the form without even an assessment, yet it's been 363 days since they got my renewal form and I still haven't had a penny from them!

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2020, 09:23:26 AM »
Just had an email from HMCTS saying that a decision has been made and posted to me that I should receive by 11th September.  Whatever the decision is, that's it now and I've done everything I possibly can.  My anxiety is gonna be in overdrive now until I get the decision... couldn't have done it without the wonderful CAB lady though!

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2020, 08:29:26 PM »
Oh I will definitely be keeping you in my thoughts and it does seem daft that you have to wait another week for the decision letter  :hug: :happy0158:

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2020, 11:37:29 AM »
I didn't get it

ericmiles

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2020, 07:15:51 AM »
My doc recommends me to use CBD oil or flowers. And it really helps me a lot.

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2020, 10:45:12 AM »
My doc recommends me to use CBD oil or flowers. And it really helps me a lot.

Thank you Eric

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2020, 03:56:53 PM »
Hi Eric, I use CBD dor pain relief rather than anxiety.

ericmiles

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2020, 02:31:06 PM »
My doc recommends me to use CBD oil or flowers by https://cannaflower.com/wholesale-cbd-flower/. And it really helps me a lot.
That is awesome!