Author Topic: Lost to suicide link error  (Read 14695 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Lost to suicide link error
« on: November 28, 2019, 11:26:02 AM »
Just followed the link in the lost to suicide forum and it says it's either missing or off limits to me, even though I'm an administrator so if the members click on the link they would get the same error too... sowwy!

Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: Lost to suicide link error
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 09:13:27 PM »
Sorry I haven't been about on the forum, just been a funny few days.  Yesterday was my sister's birthday and I had ordered something for but Amazon gave me a delivery date for the 9th December.  My sister rang me last night to thank for the card and such a thoughtful present which is on their Christmas tree right at the top which was a relief for me as I thought she might have been put out.  It's a handmade silver bauble with a ribbon with words on - forgotten exacty what but it has a reference to white feathers - feathers attached to the bauble as well and written on it Chloe 21-9 22-9-2019.  It made her day as she can put it on the tree every year, a close friend gave her something similar which is also on the tree but the one we got her is her favourite.

The reason for having a memory loss is that it is the 20th anniversary of my mum in law dying which is still a bit of a toughy for me.  She died of cervical cancer and two years before refused to have a smear test done as she was scared of getting the big C.  I had pre-cancerous when I was about 23 years old and laser treatment which was successful so told my mum in law about it but at the same time I couldn't force her to have the test done.  I was guilt ridden for years because she may have had more years if it had been treated early enough.

The fact that we got my mum in law to hospital when we did gave the family an extra four months as she probably wouldn't have survived the week out if we hadn't.  I still miss her laugh and humour.     

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 09:18:18 PM »
Try clicking on it again and if you have the same problem I'll delete it and redo the board again as all members should be able to see the board.  I'd done it so guests couldn't see the board.

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 11:43:49 AM »
Sorry I haven't been about on the forum, just been a funny few days.  Yesterday was my sister's birthday and I had ordered something for but Amazon gave me a delivery date for the 9th December.  My sister rang me last night to thank for the card and such a thoughtful present which is on their Christmas tree right at the top which was a relief for me as I thought she might have been put out.  It's a handmade silver bauble with a ribbon with words on - forgotten exacty what but it has a reference to white feathers - feathers attached to the bauble as well and written on it Chloe 21-9 22-9-2019.  It made her day as she can put it on the tree every year, a close friend gave her something similar which is also on the tree but the one we got her is her favourite.

The reason for having a memory loss is that it is the 20th anniversary of my mum in law dying which is still a bit of a toughy for me.  She died of cervical cancer and two years before refused to have a smear test done as she was scared of getting the big C.  I had pre-cancerous when I was about 23 years old and laser treatment which was successful so told my mum in law about it but at the same time I couldn't force her to have the test done.  I was guilt ridden for years because she may have had more years if it had been treated early enough.

The fact that we got my mum in law to hospital when we did gave the family an extra four months as she probably wouldn't have survived the week out if we hadn't.  I still miss her laugh and humour.   

It sounds like you knew exactly what your sister needed and she'll be able to remember Chloe every year, knowing that you will never forget her... such a thoughtful gift!

It's totally understandable that you've had a hard few days after what you went through with your MIL!  You should feel positive that you helped to give her those extra months though!

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2019, 11:47:23 AM »
Try clicking on it again and if you have the same problem I'll delete it and redo the board again as all members should be able to see the board.  I'd done it so guests couldn't see the board.

I can get to the board, but the "official guidelines" link within the pinned message is still showing up... sowwy!

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 05:02:38 PM »
I have removed the sentence now so it can't be an issue any more  :biggrin:

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2019, 08:02:53 PM »
Groove and cooly, thank you Pip!

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2019, 08:06:00 PM »
You've removed the link, but members can't get to this bit of the forum   ;)