Author Topic: Studying again  (Read 13983 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Re: Studying again
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2019, 05:47:43 PM »
Completed another two courses today and out of 30 question I only got one single one wrong total. 

:jumping0045:

Got 4 more courses to do that'll take a couple of days each then that's it again.

Blog creation certificate and children's story diploma first, then the kids party planning and the wedding planning ones from the middle of next week.

I'm really enjoying being able to escape and learn stuff every day... keeps me out of trouble lol

Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2019, 04:05:36 PM »
*ahem*

100% on the assessment of the entire course!!!!

Can't get better than that for an afternoon's studying!

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2019, 05:45:48 PM »
Took another quick course and got another 100% on it.

Not bad going for an afternoon of studying!

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2019, 07:28:28 PM »
Well done  :yourock2:

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2019, 07:50:06 PM »
Thank you Pip!

:righton:

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2019, 02:50:15 PM »
Just finished another course.  95% on the end of course "exam" and took 5-6 hours instead of the 10-15 it estimated lol

:yay:

Gonna have a celebratory mug of tea then start on a 3-4 hour course then have a really early night knowing that I don't have to remember anything for the test tomorrow now!

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2019, 04:18:12 PM »
Just studied another course and got one single question wrong on the entire course.

Disability Awareness Certificate next,  :happy0158: when Steve comes back into the living room so that he can answer the phone or door if anyone tries to contact us so that I don't need to worry about stopping in the middle of the course and accidentally forgetting everything that I've just been taught.  Yep, my memory really is that cruddy.

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2019, 06:03:13 PM »
Studied 3 courses this afternoon and out of 55 questions I only got 2 wrong which is good going by me.  I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed studying and how stable it kept my mental health!  Gonna take my second days worth of pills then head to bed.

Don't think I should drop the dose any further just in case I go fruitloop again, but I'm now on less than a third of the maximum dose I was on when I came out of the hospital (Neurology ward) in 2003 so I ain't complaining!

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2019, 06:34:47 PM »
Another course passed just now with no revision or checking my notes from this morning I scraped through by 1 question, but I DID IT!!!

Feeling soooo proud of myself now!

I know that I can study a 10 module diploma course in a day and still just about pass it, which gives me hope for tomorrow now!  Just gotta decide on which one to study after walking the pup tomorrow now.

I can sooo do this studying thing!

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2019, 06:58:46 PM »
Can someone remind me to make an early start on the Child Internet Safety Certificate course as soon as I come home from walking the pup tomorrow morning please?

Today's course and the Child Internet Safety Certificate came as a bundle, so I'll be able to put 3 courses on my completed courses page, just by studying 2 courses.

Tomorrow's course is another day-long one with 10 modules again so I reckon that if I start at 9am I'll hopefully be finished by 6.30pm again.

I'm feeling sooo positive right now!!  We're having a celebratory pizza for tea lol

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2019, 06:57:58 PM »
In the last 30ish hours I've studied two courses and gained two diploma's and a certificate... not bad going at all!  Gonna do the mental health courses tomorrow, as long as I remember.

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2019, 06:49:43 PM »
Did the anxiety awareness diploma today and passed first time... yaaaay!

OCD is, according to the course, a serious anxiety disorder that can only be recovered from if the anxiety causing the obsessions and compulsions is addressed and totally sorted out. 

I've never had any kind of professional support with overcoming it, but I've got rid of at least 95% of what it used to be like.  Still check the front door is on the latch so that I can get back in every morning when I take the pup for her walk and give the latch a quick pull just to make sure it's locked when I've answered the door to someone but that's nothing compared to how it used to be and I did it all by meself!   :yay:

There's someone coming to fit a CCTV camera at lunchtime tomorrow so I'll do the self-harm course first thing so that I'm not interrupted half way through the course, then do the depression awareness course on Friday and Saturday 'cos that one's definitely the 16 moduler so it'll take a couple of days to do it and the assessment at the end of the course on Saturday afternoon/evening will be the most challenging part because of my brain damage/cruddy memory.

I'm determined to pass it first time as well though!   :giggle: :jumping0045: :m121: :sign0061:

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2019, 05:20:02 PM »
Just finished my second course of the day.  Out of 40 assessment questions I only got 3 wrong, so I'm feeling pretty positive about it!

Tomorrow morning is the dental course in the morning, then lunch, handing over Steve's headphones to the Freegle person, then the sound healing and crystal healing courses in the afternoon, ready for the depression course on Saturday and Sunday... it'll be a test of my memory 'cos it'll be over two days so I'm guessing I'll have to revise my notes before the end of course assessment but it'll test me to see if my memory has improved in the last month or so since I took my last long course!

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2019, 03:40:02 PM »
Finished the depression course with an end of course assessment score of 100%  :thud: despite being sure I'd got 2 of the questions wrong lol

Onto the Colour Therapy Certificate now then it's prescription and bed time and another course as soon as I wake up tomorrow again.  This studying lark is making me feel sooo good.  Wish my memory was better so that I could study with the OU, but I reckon doing these courses is slowly but surely helping my brain to recover from the damage... it's just gonna take a looooong time unfortunately.

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2019, 07:03:21 PM »
Just scraped through the pass on the colour therapy certificate... the passing score was 70% and I got 70% so I only just passed, but I'm not complaining.

Steve's decided that I'll do the pet nutrition diploma tomorrow... 17 modules and an end of course assessment, so I hope they are short modules and easy questions like on the depression course this morning/afternoon 'cos I doubt I'll remember any of it a day later lol