Author Topic: The Circus  (Read 5498 times)

lisamarretta

• Karma Group
Re: The Circus
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2019, 03:30:31 PM »
It’s over ladies. I feel guilty for letting myself down but I think I’ve 100 percent made the right decision. I feel like a thousand bricks have lifted off my back. My detective said I haven’t wasted anyone’s time and my evidence etc will all be kept on file. Now to try and recover 😌

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2019, 09:03:36 AM »
So proud of you, Lisa!  :happy0158:  I know it was a huge decision to make and it was soooo hard for you, but you did it and you can concentrate on recovering and healing now!   :hug: if you want it?
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2019, 08:10:29 PM »
Lisa, good for you for taking control of your life.  After everything you've been through you deserve happiness and as you know it's one day at a time  :hug:

lisamarretta

• Karma Group
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2019, 09:07:02 AM »
Thank you. I’m a bit overwhelmed I think at the minute. I do feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my back. Hopefully be able to concentrate on college and get my arse sorted. 💪

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2019, 11:15:05 AM »
You did what needed to be done for your own health and wellbeing so you should feel proud of yourself!

:hug: if you want it?

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2019, 06:30:00 PM »
Hold your head and tell yourself everyday that you have done the right thing

lisamarretta

• Karma Group
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2019, 09:05:21 PM »
Thank you. I am trying. I’m doing alright, I’m getting better quicker, managed to write about my trauma too.. took me a week but I did it. Got my first essay results back today! 3 merits 😃😃😃 that cheered me right up 😊

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2019, 09:33:48 PM »
 :crazy: anim_65

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2019, 10:46:50 AM »
Thank you. I am trying. I’m doing alright, I’m getting better quicker, managed to write about my trauma too.. took me a week but I did it. Got my first essay results back today! 3 merits 😃😃😃 that cheered me right up 😊

So proud of you, Lisa!  What does 3 merits mean though please?  When I was at college it was just fail, pass, merit, distinction is all!  You did really well to get them though!

lisamarretta

• Karma Group
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2019, 10:57:17 AM »
Well my course has a total of 45 credits I need 30 of those at merit for university. I was really stressing with that essay because I kept telling myself I was thick and I missed 2 weeks of lectures. So merit is I think equivalent to a GCSE grade B I’m not too sure myself 😂🤦‍♀️ I just know that I need all merits for uni so hopefully I’ll get a distinction or two along the way, give me some breathing space. I have an essay coming up on stress and eating disorders hell if I don’t get a distinction on that one I’ll eat my shoe 😂

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2019, 12:22:31 PM »
So proud of you for doing this, Lisa!  Are you allowed to use case studies that haven't been published in your essays?  If so, feel free to use me in anything about psychotic depression!  Hopefully having a genuine patient with it in your essay will give you the extra marks you need to get your distinction.  Panic attacks, self-harm and suicidal ideation too!  If you get 3 merits by missing 2 weeks of lectures then hopefully you'll have a distinction in the bag for your next one!

lisamarretta

• Karma Group
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2019, 04:48:39 PM »
I’m not sure. But I reckon between us we have enough experience/symptoms to rewrite the whole book! How are you getting on anyway? Still walking your pooch? Xx

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2019, 09:16:09 PM »
Hope you do well with your essay.  I remember when Rick and I were interviewed 10 years ago on This Morning by Philip Scofield and Ruth Langsford - Philip Scofield is really funny - and before the interview Ruth said a film could be made about my life.  At the time I remember thinking you don't know the half of it  :confused0062: as the interview was about adoption reunion and depression didn't get mentioned.

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2019, 04:47:41 AM »
I’m not sure. But I reckon between us we have enough experience/symptoms to rewrite the whole book! How are you getting on anyway? Still walking your pooch? Xx

I'm doing fine thank you, NaNo starts today so I won't be around much for at least a couple of weeks, potentially throughout November... doesn't mean I don't care, I just won't be doing anything until I've written the final full stop is all.