Author Topic: where i am right now  (Read 8616 times)

lostmyway

• Karma Group
where i am right now
« on: August 13, 2013, 04:51:00 PM »
hi,

I lost my job about 4 months ago.  I was on a final warning and it lasted over a year, then they renewed the warning for another year, which really annoyed me and thought it was very unfair.  it lasted til april of this year and i got sacked.  I have had 2 interviews in over 4 months, and its like bashing my head against a brick wall. I have been wanting to move to another field but this is proving fruitless.

I am 42 and live at home, and don't seem to be able to make the break that i truly need to make. Most people i know have moved away from the area and have married etc and gotten on with their lives but i have never really managed it for one reason or another.  I am about to take on a course with the OU and dont really know if its the right thing to do now at my age, coupled with the lack of exp. i have in the field i want to work in.  My brother went to the states years ago, and my dad passed in 2005.  Nothing ever seems to move on or progress, i just seem to meander from one thing to another.

Since losing my job it seems i dont see anybody during the week or weekend , and is adding to my anxiety and dark moods.  They seem controlled , but since losing my job it has got alot worse.

I don't know what else to do, i dont have the motivation or the energy to do anything.  I want to get myself moving but dont seem to be able to.  Feel so alone, and lost with myself.
It never seems to alter....

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: where i am right now
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 08:18:49 PM »
 :welcome:

It's worth you doing the OU course and you're not too old to do it.  Look at this way you still have 23 years before retirement age.  I appreciate it's not easy to get motivated ~ I've been there ~ but if you can get enough motivation to start a course it may help.

lostmyway

• Karma Group
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 09:43:34 PM »
Hi Pip

thanks for the advice.  The OU course is something i need to do and will help confidence levels, and help kickstart a new career.  Here's hoping.

craig84

• Karma Group
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 12:07:45 AM »
whats the new career your interested in?

id like to be a dog trainer in an ideal world. I used to want to be a psychologist but the road is too long for that one. I prefer dogs to people.

hope your doing ok right now!
”It’s always down to you and the choices you make. Work on the things you can change and never dwell on the things you can’t. You choose… ‘results’ or ‘excuses’ it’s always down to YOU… no one has ever given their BEST and regretted it. GO HARD NO EXCUSES.”

lostmyway

• Karma Group
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 01:52:04 PM »
the course i am about to do is the dipHE in computing and it. its not cheap but i dont have to pay it back all in one go.

craig84

• Karma Group
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 02:02:28 PM »
well that's something positive! great news, theres something to work towards and keep you motivated! it will pay for itself in time once you have the diploma/certification/degree whatever it may be.

Glad to hear your moving forward with changing career! gives me food for thought in doing some kind of course eventually.... have to get a job to pay for it first but im not ready yet... small steps an all that :)
”It’s always down to you and the choices you make. Work on the things you can change and never dwell on the things you can’t. You choose… ‘results’ or ‘excuses’ it’s always down to YOU… no one has ever given their BEST and regretted it. GO HARD NO EXCUSES.”

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 02:27:32 PM »
Great news and it's something positive for you to do  :happy0158: