Author Topic: Feeling sooo proud of myself!  (Read 1794 times)

Amanda_George

• Please be gentle with me!
  • Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
    • Amanda's ultimate navigation to all her webpages
Feeling sooo proud of myself!
« on: January 16, 2019, 10:15:11 AM »
In the 16 days from the start of 2019 I've achieved so much.

• I've continued to walk the pup every morning and I've been recording the number of steps I've been doing and the percentage that I walk her (400% is about 100 metres and we've been doing at least 400% every day so far).
  • I've walked at least 500 steps a day, which I know doesn't sound like a lot, but it is for me because my legs aren't able to do too much walking
  • I've brushed my teeth every day for the last 9 days and got into the habit of doing it now, breaking the routine I've had since I was 19
  • I've been doing well without the Citalopram for the last year
  • I've been having at least one home cooked meal a week and choosing healthier versions of take aways (lasagne instead of burger and chips kinda thing)
  • I'm using alternatives instead of prescriptions (coconut and ginger instead of the Citalopram and an anti-emetic)
  • I'm learning that a single bad experience doesn't have to mean a ruined day
  • I'm not spending just because I've got money or a voucher or whatever.  Instead of going "I've got a voucher for £10, what can I spend it on?" I just add it to my account so that I can spend it on something later on in the month or year.
  • I'm also saving more often too, so that instead of spending the £25 left over at the end of the month, it goes into my savings account instead.

Basically, small steps in the right direction and I'm becoming a better person because of it.  2019 is going to be my year!
Money talks, chocolate sings!  :-D

May your life be as pleasant as you are.

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
Re: Feeling sooo proud of myself!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 10:25:25 PM »
I don't know how much you can cope with cooking due to disabilities but I can give suggestions so I hope I don't offend you.  You are making great lifestyle choices so I hope you are beginning to feel better about yourself.  You deserve it because you are helping yourself and doing all the right things.  Although I am having more bad days than good ones I know I need to be supportive as it helps me in return.   

Last year I got one of my best buys ever which is an air fryer, food tastes so much better because it doesn't need oil it.  If you make your own chips a tablespoon of oil needs to be put in but it doesn't make the chips greasy.  I like using it for Rick because he is a fussy eater and often give him baked beans which is allowed on his diet.  I am finding I'm eating more cold food such as fresh cooked meat, potatoes, veg, salad and fruit.  It can be hard work but it's worth it to improve our diets.

Eating pasta and rice is good with veg, sultanas, raisins, strips of meat such as chicken.  It sounds expensive but it isn't as I had to learn to get food on a budget.  Like you I cook for two people so it isn't unusual for me to cook a double portion such as bolognese or chili then freeze half for another day.

I also put money in a savings account as well as it's a way to safe for holidays, Christmas, special occasions etc.  Last year I also saved money at home so Rick was surprised how much money we had so we didn't have to touch the savings account.   

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 06:20:37 PM »
I'm not allowed to do any of the cooking or even make a hot drink because I'm just not tall enough (5 foot 1) to reach the kettle over Steve's rollator or steady enough on my feet to get stuff into and out of the oven.  We're already doing a lot better than last year though when we used to have at least one take away every day, at least now we are having at least one day a week off the take away's (yesterday was a grilled cheese sarnie and potentially tomorrow either pasta bake or pasta and sauce, which'll be two home cooked meals this week, instead of the "required by Amanda" single one), so we're getting there slowly!

Would it help to talk about your bad days or not really?  I may not have any answers for you, but I will always read your messages and sometimes just getting it down in writing is all that's needed.  Make it as long or short as you need, just get it out of your head and onto screen kinda thing?  Just for the next week or ten days, the best way to contact me is via here or Facebook via PM on both... I'm just not really checking my email until the evenings now until I get this manuscript finished is all.

I put almost my entire amount of PIP money into savings before I even left the bedroom this morning so that I wasn't tempted to spend it lol

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 10:39:06 PM »
That's a problem for me over checking emails which get checked in the evenings just like you.

It's a pain being short, I was 4ft 11 1/2 ins but have shrunk to 4 ft 10 ins.  I have scoliosis of the spine which is part of the problem and it doesn't help with my hips but I am determined to remain independent.

I know I need to start writing about what's bothering me instead of bottling it up..

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 01:18:33 PM »
That's a problem for me over checking emails which get checked in the evenings just like you.

It's a pain being short, I was 4ft 11 1/2 ins but have shrunk to 4 ft 10 ins.  I have scoliosis of the spine which is part of the problem and it doesn't help with my hips but I am determined to remain independent.

I know I need to start writing about what's bothering me instead of bottling it up..

You are so right with the emails... need to not even open the programme until I've finished writing for the day lol

My mum is the same height as you, so you aren't alone in that!

I'll listen whenever you need to talk about anything!

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 08:49:01 PM »
Not having the best of days  :biggrin: as I've caught his germs and it's gone to my chest.  He's been throwing up today so I've warned him I will get my revenge.

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 09:31:52 AM »
I'm so sorry you are so ill atm.  Try drinking ginger beer or ginger ale for the nausea and throwing up - I swear by it!   :happy0158:

Pip

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Soul of Adoption
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2019, 09:07:59 PM »
Feeling better than I was just need to get rid of the chesty cough  :biggrin:

Amanda_George

• Administrator
  • "Auntie Banana"
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2019, 10:03:12 PM »
I'm glad you're starting to feel better... get lots of rest so that your body can fully recover!